HELP!!

Hi,

I've been having issues with my weight these past few months. I started at 192 in May and did a 1200 calorie diet, went down to 180 in about 10 weeks, hit a plateau, and raised my calorie intake to 1400 to break the plateau. I ended at 177, and gained 5 pounds when I moved to Chicago.

So at 182, I decided to hire a personal trainer. I started a kettlebell full body workout (3x a week), HIIT 1x a week, and low intensity cardio 1x a week, with 2 off days. He told me to raise my intake to 2000 calories a day, and now I gained about 10-15 pounds. I'm assuming most of it's water, since I feel I haven't changed much in terms of inches..

I ate about TDEE for 4-5 weeks (2550), and I then went down to 2000-2100 calories to see if I could get any results.. Am I supposed to stick it out? It's terrifying to see my weight go so high. My body fat is 30% and my goal weight is 160 (my trainer thinks I should become a power lifter cause I'm super athletic) which would put me at 20% body fat. My pant size is an 8, incase you guys were curious.

WHAT DO I DO!??!?! I'm frustrated to tears..

Replies

• LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    I wish I had some suggestions, but you are *so far* beyond me (in the good way!) that I have no knowledge to share. I'm hopeful by responding, your post will be "bumped up" and others who are into your sort of athletism (sp?) will be able to give their perspective.

One thing I do know, is you are not alone in the struggle for self-improvement!

Be good to you!