2 oz spaghetti is...?

Options

Replies

• Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You should be able to estimate based on how much is in the whole box.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just a thought: if you want to cut down on your carbs, why not try using spagehetti squash instead of pasta? It's a mild-tasting squash and adapts well to pasta recipes--without the calories and carbs--which means you can eat more! Had some for lunch today with a little sauce and turkey meatballs. Yummy!

I still haven't tried spaghetti squash...VERY afraid I'll be disappointed

I think it's worthwhile trying - - - many people like it as a pasta replacement.

I like it as a vegetable side dish, but I don't prefer it with sauce and meatballs. There is a pumpkin-esque flavor to it that does not go well with Italian flavors to me.

If I'm having Italian, I just hoard my daily calories and carbs and have the pasta. BUT like I said, many people like it, so give it a try!
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    84 noodles!:happy:
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    Options
    [/quote]

I think it's worthwhile trying - - - many people like it as a pasta replacement.

I like it as a vegetable side dish, but I don't prefer it with sauce and meatballs. There is a pumpkin-esque flavor to it that does not go well with Italian flavors to me.

If I'm having Italian, I just hoard my daily calories and carbs and have the pasta. BUT like I said, many people like it, so give it a try!
    [/quote]

I like it as a side dish...so I think I will
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    16 oz of spaghetti came out to 2 lbs and 4 oz cooked.
    I hope this info helps you.
  • savbentley
    Options
    I'll make this easy for you since I had spaghetti a few days ago and used a food scale. It's about a cup, packed lightly. I don't know why people are thinking 1/4 of a cup, that's barely any food LOL. But that is the actual measured answer. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Just a thought: if you want to cut down on your carbs, why not try using spagehetti squash instead of pasta? It's a mild-tasting squash and adapts well to pasta recipes--without the calories and carbs--which means you can eat more! Had some for lunch today with a little sauce and turkey meatballs. Yummy!

I wanted to elbow my way back in, here. I loooooove shredded zucchini and spaghetti sauce. Sauteed zucchini with a little EVOO and some garlic and pepper....you can either use it as a pasta "supplement" and still have a little pasta too - by mixing the two, or you can sub it straight up for pasta noodles. So good.
  • erin8010
    Options
    I think 2oz (uncooked) is about 200cals,I was shocked at that, not sure in cups though sorry!
    yeah i forget i'm in england, cups are not so popular!
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles ROCK!

8 oz = 40 calories

http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2157
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    2 oz dry spaghetti = 1 cup cooked <lightly packed in cup>

^^This is correct.

But if you've already cooked it, it's too late to measure...

Still laughing here...:laugh:

I thought it was just me. I had to re-read that 6 times to make sure.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    2oz is = to 1/4 cup

Not correct. 2 oz dry doesn't equal 1/4 cup cooked.
  • UsaJewels05
    UsaJewels05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I was very upset with the spagehettie Squash, not so much the taste but the consistency!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    2oz is = to 1/4 cup

Correct, but not quite the answer the OP was looking for. The enginerd in me cannot resist the need to correct this.

2 FLUID OUNCES is 1/4 of a cup. This is a measure of volume and cannot be universally translated to mass or weight (you need to know the density of something then do some fancy math to make that conversion).

2 ounces, which is equivalent to 1/8 of a pound or 56 grams, which is what's specified on the spaghetti box as a single serving, is a measure of mass.

If you're looking for a quick estimator, find something that's close to the 2 ounce (BY MASS) serving -- a sandwich bun is usually in the 40 grams range, a stick of butter, by mass, I think, is 1/4 pound, which is 4 ounces or two servings. (I know it's 1/2 cup, and I'm pretty sure it's 1/4 pound, but it's been a while since I checked how much one weighed)
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a food scale I got a great one in walmart for like 22.00. It is great it is digital and very helpful.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    2oz is = to 1/4 cup

Right. 2oz dry is 2/16ths of a pound... or roughly 60g. Liquid ounces are a totally different thing... 1/8th of a cup.
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    2oz is = to 1/4 cup

Right..2 FL oz is 1/4 cup, but spaghetti is not liquid..lol
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Not really sure what it is in cups, but I compare it visually to the size of a quarter (:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    She's asking for an uncooked measurement...
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just did the divide up the box thing, but that was for penne.
    Now I've just got some shiritaki fettucine for next time. :D
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    2 oz dry spaghetti = 1 cup cooked <lightly packed in cup>

This is the best answer. But yes, get you a food scale!