Wake up call.

Options
I have been on my weight loss programme since January. My biggest wake up call was in July when my great niece was visiting me for a week. She saw me weighing myself and asked if she could weigh herself. I agreed and she stepped on the scales. She weighed 77 pounds and at that point I had lost 84 pounds. I looked at her and thought I have lost an entire 10 year old child....OMG. I then asked if I could lift her....well I did try and managed to raise her about 2 inches off the floor. So prior to January I may as well have been carrying a substantial child around on my back 24/7. That was a huge light bulb moment for me.

Replies

• Thundermountain
    Options
    Imagine me singing this next part........ AWESOME!!!!!
  • BrownEyedGrrl
    Options
    Congrats on the success! :smile:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I've been going by the weight of my youngest - She is around 25lbs and I have 100 to lose so I've been carrying quads.

Well done on the weight loss.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done an amazing job! I may go find something 20 pounds to lift!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My kids are all too big for that now, but when I'm doing squats with 40 weights, I realize I used to weigh about that much before. Makes it come to life!!
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks peeps.....try carrying around something that weight what you have lost....while it is still possible!! you won't carry it for long....it will really remind you of how great you're doing
  • levstein
    Options
    That is a fantastic way to keep you focused. Before I started on my fitness journey I had an air strider machine which was foldable for easy storage it had wheels and it was so heavy and a pain in the *kitten* to bring out and put away it weighed about 28kg which is the amount of excess weight I had stuck to my body. It's so much easier to stick to the plan when I think about lugging that machine around. No way....just think of the stress our bodies have to endure from all the excess never needed stored fat. It makes no sense at all to stay overweight it's stupid to do this to ourselves.
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    Last December I was just about able to walk 50 yards before my back used to hurt to the point where I was almost in tears. I can now walk a mile and a half before the pain kicks in....so it's working!!
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You are an inspiration to the rest of us!
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm sure your knees, ankles, and hips are thanking you as well!
  • niftyfifty47
    Options
    Thanks....but there are people on here who are inspiring me!!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've done a great job and your wake up call makes a very good point and is motivating as heck!