P90X & Weight Loss

Options
I'm 3 days into P90X and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't struggling with some of the sessions. I was looking for a way to regularly incorporate strength training and, although only 3 days deep, it seems to be working for me (in that I've done it the past 3 days.)

Forgive me if I seem uninformed but, really, that's why I'm here asking:

Will this actually slow my weight loss?
My hope was that if I kept up with cardio (min 5K run/week & every other day on the bike/elliptical) that the P90 would work well in conjunction with that.
But from what I have heard and read, the introduction of a new activity, and of lifting, can cause a temporary gain.

I get that I'm (going to be) gaining muscle. And I think that's awesome.
But I've still got about 24lbs to lose, give or take. And I don't want to interfere with that.
I'm wondering if it's a better idea to start with Tony after those pounds are gone, or closer to it?

I'm interested in hearing any thoughts, tips, personal experiences &/or suggestions.

Thank you!

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert AT ALL but I'd say with your workout routine including Tony you should still lose weight as well as tone up. I'm on my second week of P90X, I incorporate it with my other training class (so I don't follow the routine as instructed).. But I'm sure they'll be others who might be able to help more.
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input!