CDC: Obesity will quaduple healthcare costs over next ten ye

Options
That is a scary scenario. Most of us already cannot afford the cost of health care. It's gotten so bad that if you get sick enough you will go broke whether you have health care coverage or not already. What will life be like if this financial burden quadruples in the next ten years? How will it ripple across everything else? I don't even want to think about that!

We've gotta over turn this trend of obesity or life as we know it will be a thing of the past. Those of us who do take care of ourselves, I assume mostly everyone here, we will be forced to pay the incalculable cost for people who don't care about their health. We already are! But it will get four times worse in just ten measly little years unless we turn this devastating obesity trend around.

Lets Kick Obesity Square in the Butt for good!

Tom

Replies

• metalpalace
    Options
    Discuss...

124 views in just a few hours and no comments or two cents to add?
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    OK! I'll add my two cents/sense worth! :laugh: :bigsmile: :love:

That's a pretty mind boggling stat you throw out there! Mighty scary for sure. The cost of health care now for even a healthy person is through the roof. If a person has health issues, even heftier. Health issues due to obesity..... forgetaboutit!

Many people will claim obesity is caused by "medical issues". I'm sure there are some legitimate "excuses", but most of it has to do with bad eating & exercise habits. Modern civilizations have moved so far away from our Hunter & Gatherer origins that the only thing we know how to Hunt & Gather is fast food to eat on the couch. We mostly drive or ride public transportation to our sedentary jobs.

Hopefully things are turning around?? More & more people are becoming health conscious. Heck, it's even hip to Go Organic & Go Green! And current economic times are encouraging people to budget...... junk food is expensive!
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I knew I could count on you barbarella :)

I agree with everything you said except sadly the trend of obesity is not turning around. It's still climbing. That's the whole premise for the new figure published by the CDC. At the same time you're right there are more healthier options popping up. There seems to be a line drawn in this country with an extreme minority on the side of healthy.

Any one want to jump into this discussion? Just do it :p