Working Out with other MFP Users

Options
Has anyone else friended someone on MFP, met them and then started working out? I was just wondering if there was somewhere on the site to do that. I would like to find someone in my area to maybe workout with from time to time. Didn't know if this was part if the purpose of MFP or not.

Replies

• sherise1214
    sherise1214 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am sure out of the large number of people here it has probably happened, but many wouldn't feel comfortable. I get that, same goals, however make sure its in a public meeting area and dont share personal info until you have met and gotten to know each other in person for a while. There are many people who are not as nice as they appear. BE CAREFUL. I looked and saw that you live way to far from me. LOL

I do suggest how about friends in your list that yall agree to do a similar program on the same time or at least that day and track it, be accountable to each other, and have mini competition, That might workout first, and if someone is in your hood at least state yall can then meet in a safe place.

hope you find a buddy, there are websites that teach how to create a workout buddy program in your community, that might help also
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    thank you sherise1214.