Fitbit Ultra versus HRM

I just got a Fitbit Ultra and loving it after a day of use. However, I know that it won't accurately read my (TapOut, Insanity, strength training) workouts. I don't really want to spend more money on another fitness gadget as FB was expensive enough, but I wonder if it would be worth it. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on the topic. Also, any suggestions for a fairly inexpensive HRM that isn't a piece of garbage ($20-$50 dollars)?

Replies

• Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Bump. I'm hoping to find out also.
  • Bump.....curious about this too....in the same boat :)
  • Yarasil
    Yarasil Posts: 20 Member
    Love my Fitbit but also want something to measure my gym workouts.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    I use HRM for vigorous activity and fit bit for daily usual activities. I log the info from my HRM into fit bit.

The Polar monitors aren't that expensive, but I'll admit I didn't think twice about the expense because I felt like I wanted that tool to help me out. I lost half my weight before buying the HRM so it's not essential. The fit bit will make sure you're staying active daily.

Never go to sleep before reaching 10,000 steps! NEVER! When I started letting myself slide to only 7-8k many months ago it was also when my weight started to rise like crazy. Now it is back to not negotiable and I'm back on track (of course there were other changes too!)