blood pressure success

Options
I have had high blood pressure since I gave birth to my son almost 14 years ago. I never required medication....but we were starting to discuss it. I have now lost almost 50 lbs......gone from a size 14 to a 4.......and my blood pressure is

117 / 70!!!!!!!

Replies

• tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations. This was one of the reasons I started as well. I took my blood pressure a couple of months ago and it was way too high. I haven't taken it again yet to see if it has come down at all. I think I'm gonna wait until I lose a bit more.
  • amathus
    amathus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Perfect!!! Congratulations! Healthy BP and lab values are more important than a low dress size or whatever. You can be skinny, but still not healthy.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Thats better than if you wrote you fit into a size 0 or lost 50 pounds imagine that means your life is longer now. No risk of stroke, debility, dialysis, or premature death. I'm so happy for you congratulations best NSV ever...to your health!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!