Help Need Ideas - grocery list - Healthy

Options
Hello Everyone , My name is Crystal and I am 31 years old you can add me if u like , you can never have more then enough support the more the better I think! I have joined MFP almost a week ago and I have done one mini shop of more healthier stuff. I am needing meal ideas of stuff that is good for you , I notice when I am logging my food I am not meeting the recommended areas of the chart like protein and the other one there. To loose the weight properly should we be eating exactly the goal amount?? i have like 1,033 extra calories so does that mean i should be consuming that much more food? because I have logged in all my food for today and i still stilling at the 1,033 extra calories or is that okay to sit at that? I will be paying more attention to the foods I am buying but just wondering some ideas for really good stuff to add into my diet. Thanks

Crystal

Replies

• DaNae9402
    DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey Crystal. I don't know how much help I can give but here it goes. If you have that high of a deficit you should be eating more! MFP has already calculated a deficit for you to lose the amount of weight per week you picked when you set up your account. I feel MFP actually sets your daily goal too low to start with so you'll just need to do a little research and decide for yourself.
    It's great to peek at everyones diaries to find ideas for food. Mine is open so you're welcome to mine.
    As far as grocery items stick primarily to natural foods- lean meats, veggies, fruits, whole grains, oatmeal, nuts, yogurt, beans, etc.
    Of course ultimately it's all about calories in calories out but I love food so I'd rather eat healthy and be able to eat more and you'll feel better. Look at labels.
    If you need specific help let me know. I don't offer advice unless someone asks. Macros-protein,fats,carbs are important but just get the hang of the calories first. I would watch your fat and sugar first.
    Hope I could help a little! Hang in there.
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • yummymummy2013
    yummymummy2013 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I have lost 8lbs so far in what I have been doing and the things I have changed. I have had no deep fried foods in 11 days :) We had to go out of town yesterday so my choice was subway and even their i chose their whole weat 56 inch instead of a foot long which i normally get when I go there.