Anyone ever talked to anybody.....

over the internet and fell for them right away??

Replies

• stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,022 Member
    Can't say that I have, though I know people that's happened to...
  • I know its possible but didn't think I would be one of those!! haha
  • If you dont thoroughly know the person... Be careful :)
  • I know someone who did and they have been married for approx. 5 years. For them it worked, but I'm not sure it would be for me.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    i'd be too scared to, what will all the fake pics, profiles and general trolling shennanigans that pervade the intrawebs
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,863 Member
    not realy, but a few years ago my friend met a guy online (i didnt know how she knew him) but she asked me to take her to his house and to come with her, when we got there she informed me she never met him in person :noway: but I ended up dating that guy for a little while, I know not the same thing, but we met because of the internet haha
  • just to clarify....I'm not in love, I just see myself wanting to talk to her more and more....
  • yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    I know two couples who met online and got married and are still married. It can happen.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    yes
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Yep! I met my (now) husband in a Compuserve (then later, IRC) chat room. We're celebrating our 15th anniversary next month.

Edited to add a little more background: We "knew" of each other "socially" (online socially) for almost 3 years, amongst a larger group of people. One day, I was driving home from work and was stuck in the dreaded Seattle rush hour and all of a sudden I realized I was PISSED, not because I couldn't get online, but because I couldn't get online and talk to HIM. When I finally got home I told him to come visit me (we lived about 3 hours away). He did two days later. The next weekend I went to visit him. That Monday I went to work and gave two weeks notice. I moved in with him 3 weeks later, we were married 3 months later. A year later we had a baby girl. 15 years later...still happy as clams.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    oops see post below double posted...
  • I think if you want to talk to her more and more then you should. Can't hurt anything if she wants health and you guys get along and you like her company what are the cons? Im just saying you don't have to date her but you should keep writing her. Get her number call her. No harm no foul as long as you both are single...enjoy it dude!~Corina
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Bizarre story;
    in the mid-90s I was on two IRC chat boards. 1 (we'll call this chat board A) was more of an age thing and the 2nd (chat board B) was a local chat board.

in board A, this person got super pissed off at me for some ridiculous reason that I don't remember, so I left it. He followed me to board B and continued his hysterical verbal assault. A bunch of people joined the other chat board with the popcorn and figure out wtf was going on.

Someone from board A fell in love with a person from board B and got married. Yes, stupid IRC drama has on occasion, cranked out some interesting couples. hahaha. Oddly, many people were peeved because she moved from ATL to seattle... and somehow... "It was all my fault"

OH the dramatic days of IRC, how I don't miss thee! However, I did meet my husband when the local chat board would go to a bar on weds. a friend of mine dragged me along and we both met our future spouses that night! hehe, very interesting night!
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    my hubby and I ! its totally possible... we've been together for 3 years married for two.... ANDDD i lived in B.C Canada he was in NY. All because of a simple friend request on FB ( We had mutual friends there) ....If its meant to be it will be :)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    over the internet and fell for them right away??

Hey, how you doin'?

To answer the question, yes, I have.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Anything can happen. It's all possible! :smile:
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    my hubby and I ! its totally possible... we've been together for 3 years married for two.... ANDDD i lived in B.C Canada he was in NY. All because of a simple friend request on FB ( We had mutual friends there) ....If its meant to be it will be :)
    totally agree!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    :blushing:

I thought we agreed not to tell everyone yet;-)
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    and I agree, anything can happen. love can develope any where and any time.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Together and then married over 40 years no internet no computers no cell phone some joke no electricity but that is a stretch