My first week.

Options
Well, today marks my first week that I have seriously sat down, planned and stuck to my diet. I have been eating mostly fruits and vegetables (fresh) and enjoying every bit of it. Yesterday and today, I felt amazing. I had tons and tons of energy. I woke up in a great mood along with a smile on my face. I get full now, which I have never authentically experienced. Excitement dwells in me and you can tell by the grin on my face. I only wish I did this sooner as I clearly see a great future for me where I'm healthier and happier. Not to mention, the support I receive from here is wonderful. I will continue to keep updates for all as I hope it is to motivate those who felt like me, who were in my shoes.

-Patrick

Replies

• Ophthalmophobia
    Options
    Hey man, I remember how hard it was to give up junk food, which was all I ate. All I can remember were the migraines the first 2 days, but then at the end of the week I felt so energetic all the time [which was weird since I cut out caffeine and used to be a major caffeine drinker]. Now, after a month of cutting out all junk foods and only drinking nothing but water, I feel great all the time. I've noticed it, my family's noticed it, and my friends have noticed it. Keep up the good work, mate. [:
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:

I felt like I had the flu for about a week after I cut out a lot of sugar (and caffeine along with it) and then suddenly, all that went away, and I felt awesome! I can get by on less sleep now because I sleep so much more soundly. My mood is better during the day too, no more mood swings or midday crashes. Feels great! Glad you are having so much success!
  • IrishEssence
    Options
    Thanks so much. I also was a caffeine addict. Now only drinking water and juice, I have noticed I feel so much better. Energy is always on and in general, just amazing.