Anyone drink Dessert teas or tea in general

Options
Jen_Jennings
Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
I was wondering if anyone out there drinks dessert teas or teas in general? Most people I know do NOT so I don't have anyone to share new tea finds with :( If you DO drink tea, what company do you order through and which one is your favorite?

My favorite is Soho Blend from Harney and Sons. It's coconut and chocolate.

Replies

• khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I do not drink dessert teas, but I do enjoy dessert wines!!
  • turbofuzz77
    turbofuzz77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i like a combination of green tea and oolong tea from prince of peace and yerba mate from eco teas....drink that as a weight loss tea cuz its supposed to speed up metabolism. And for dessert i drink Acai berry green tea from The Republic of tea...amazingly tasty!!!
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    i like a combination of green tea and oolong tea from prince of peace and yerba mate from eco teas....drink that as a weight loss tea cuz its supposed to speed up metabolism. And for dessert i drink Acai berry green tea from The Republic of tea...amazingly tasty!!!

I've never tried Republic of tea. I've tried none dessert teas and haven't warmed up to them yet. Harney and sons has a great green called Tropical green. It's a green that tastes like pineapple. So good. It's the tea that began my dessert tea search. I love these teas because they satisfy a sweet tooth :)
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I do not drink dessert teas, but I do enjoy dessert wines!!

Other than a few wines, I don't know much about them :cry:
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yep. I love teas. I have some Republic of Teas and a variety of others. I love this one tea that's super strong with peppermint and it's nice on the tummy. I even bought myself this special tea machine to brew it properly that has a cute ceramic pot. Yes, it sounds weird - but the tea tastes better out of that machine. Grin.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I love tea. The best tea I've ever had is from WhiteLionTea.com. As a rule, I've never liked flavored teas - they've always tasted too artificial to me - so I've generally stuck with Earl Greys. While on vacation this summer one of the hotels we stayed at served several flavors of White Lion Tea. I loved every single one of them. The Ginger Peach was awesome! I just ordered some the other day for the first time. I typically don't like mint but their Moroccan Mint was fabulous! The Earl Grey was great as well but I like most Earl Greys.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Yep. I love teas. I have some Republic of Teas and a variety of others. I love this one tea that's super strong with peppermint and it's nice on the tummy. I even bought myself this special tea machine to brew it properly that has a cute ceramic pot. Yes, it sounds weird - but the tea tastes better out of that machine. Grin.

I've not yet bought a tea brewer. I am using just a regular electric tea kettle that boils at the same temp each time.

I love peppermint teas. I bought a POUND of it and still have so much left. It's so light that a pound is a ton of peppermint! I give much of it away. So good when your tummy hurts. I have one, a Rooibos that tastes like orange creamsickles. I love LOVE that one.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I love tea. The best tea I've ever had is from WhiteLionTea.com. As a rule, I've never liked flavored teas - they've always tasted too artificial to me - so I've generally stuck with Earl Greys. While on vacation this summer one of the hotels we stayed at served several flavors of White Lion Tea. I loved every single one of them. The Ginger Peach was awesome! I just ordered some the other day for the first time. I typically don't like mint but their Moroccan Mint was fabulous! The Earl Grey was great as well but I like most Earl Greys.

Some that I've tried have tasted chemically too. I think it depends on the company. I'm not a huge fan of Capital teas as theirs are too chemicaly. I've been ok so far with Harney and sons. Element tea was ok but they went out of business or were going out. Teavana was the absolute worst for me! tasted so artificial and there was no tea in the tea. All flowers and whatnot. Too expensive for nothing but chemically tasting flowers.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    A couple of times recently I've made a creamy turmeric tea using almond milk, got the recipe from here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/creamy-turmeric-tea/#axzz25qJs27mV

Definitely nice for a winter evening.
  • facingfortyfierce
    facingfortyfierce Posts: 5,156 Member
    Options
    Good earth sweet and spicy tea....good stuff!
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    Adventurous. I've never made my own :)
  • x_JT_x
    Options

Some that I've tried have tasted chemically too. I think it depends on the company. I'm not a huge fan of Capital teas as theirs are too chemicaly. I've been ok so far with Harney and sons. Element tea was ok but they went out of business or were going out. Teavana was the absolute worst for me! tasted so artificial and there was no tea in the tea. All flowers and whatnot. Too expensive for nothing but chemically tasting flowers.

I am definitely over Teavana. I got sucked into buying a few flavors and you're absolutely right about them. Kinda mad at myself for spending that kind of money on them. But, live and learn. If you ever get a chance to try the WhileLion brand, do. I was quite pleasantly surprised.
  • x_JT_x
    Options
    A couple of times recently I've made a creamy turmeric tea using almond milk, got the recipe from here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/creamy-turmeric-tea/#axzz25qJs27mV

Definitely nice for a winter evening.

I have a friend who swears by the benefits of tumeric. Not sure if he's right or not but he sure seems to think it's beneficial.
  • Ncellis
    Ncellis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've just started to drink tea. It's better for you than soda and is more interesting than water. I'm simple. I like vanilla chai tea, from the grocery store. But the chocolate coconut tea sounds great.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly green and white teas, but also black or oolong teas of various types and certain herbal teas like roobios, spearmint, or others now and then (like hibiscus). Every now and then I try various dessert teas, and I like them, but it's not a regular purchase. I had one that was cherry marzipan (with green tea and rooibos tea) by tea forte (I saw it in the store and it looked yummy, it was). I just usually purchase my tea from a store near me called Tea Desire or sometimes David's Tea. I love teas, so they are a treat and relaxation time for me. I mostly drink tea and not coffee because I react very strongly to caffeine (I get very jittery and shaky, don't feel well, and I get so overwhelmed by it that I end up feeling unproductive and like I need to go to bed). But, sometimes I do like coffee. Tea is usually less caffeine, so it's ok. Once in a while if I have too much of that I can get over-caffeinated and feel ill from that. But, I know how to keep it at the right amounts for me now. I have had the chocolate coconut kind also (yum).
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hands down Davids Tea for me! I tried drinking tea for a few years and couldnt. I found Davids Tea and it is awesome. I have a few cups a day now :smile:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I love me a good cup of spiced chai in the late afternoon!
    Other than that, when I drink tea, it is mainly "medicinal" tea. Stinging nettle, red raspberry leaf, oatstraw, lemon balm, chamomile, peppermint, elderflower, valerian root (or blends of the above) are the ones I drink most often. And during the fall-spring when all the illnesses are going around, I'll add rosehips to all my teas for extra Vit C.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options

I am definitely over Teavana. I got sucked into buying a few flavors and you're absolutely right about them. Kinda mad at myself for spending that kind of money on them. But, live and learn. If you ever get a chance to try the WhileLion brand, do. I was quite pleasantly surprised.

I will check them out, thanks.

I bought several teavana teas. I friend turned me on to them and I ended up loving one of them and tossing the rest of them in the trash. That's when I decided I was done.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Options
    I drink mostly green and white teas, but also black or oolong teas of various types and certain herbal teas like roobios, spearmint, or others now and then (like hibiscus). Every now and then I try various dessert teas, and I like them, but it's not a regular purchase. I had one that was cherry marzipan (with green tea and rooibos tea) by tea forte (I saw it in the store and it looked yummy, it was). I just usually purchase my tea from a store near me called Tea Desire or sometimes David's Tea. I love teas, so they are a treat and relaxation time for me. I mostly drink tea and not coffee because I react very strongly to caffeine (I get very jittery and shaky, don't feel well, and I get so overwhelmed by it that I end up feeling unproductive and like I need to go to bed). But, sometimes I do like coffee. Tea is usually less caffeine, so it's ok. Once in a while if I have too much of that I can get over-caffeinated and feel ill from that. But, I know how to keep it at the right amounts for me now. I have had the chocolate coconut kind also (yum).

I've found that I like the blacks better only because I think they remind me less of tea and more of coffee. I was raised in a coffee house and never had tea until I was an adult. Some of them taste too much like alfalfa hay to me (i had horses growing up and use to chew on alfalfa lol). I have had a couple great flavored greens though :)
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OH. I am a TEA. FREAK, Tribal! I have Seven or Eight different types of tea all up in my kitchen. Ahmad Brand is my absolute FAV for European.Do you know this brand? I'm not sure if you are into flavored teas but OMG their strawberry flavored tea is amazing! I also have tons of tea from Japan (thanks to my mama who sends them to me quite often) green tea, matcha tea, buckwheat tea, kelp tea, cherry blossom, on and on. I have tea straight out of China, too. I wish you lived closer to me I'd have you over for tea!