negative NSV?

Options

Replies

• CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Not sure if someone already mentioned this but Goodwill and Thrift Stores are WONDERFUL!! A lot of times I find clothes that still have the New Tags on them. I am wearing Designer Clothes and paying Wal Mart prices (or less sometimes!!) You might not find something every time you go but other times you find more than you can carry!!

^^^I second this. I have bought 5 pairs of Tommy Hilfinger shorts that actually fit me perfectly at Goodwill for less than $20 bucks. TOTAL. They look brand new. Once you get past the Goodwill name, there are good things to find...and at least in my area our Goodwill is cleaner and looks nicer than Walmart!
  • padors
    Options
    Hi there! You know you can get it resized. Contact a jeweler and that should be able to resize it for you. I know you will miss not wearing it for a while, but you would miss it more if you lose it altogether. :happy:
  • shelleyspots
    Options
    The clothes thing is hard. At first I didn't want to buy anything to wear. But I went down from a size 22 to a 16 at present! My pants were literally falling down. Moving in the baggy clothes is annoying and I got sick of looking so bad. I really need to look nice because it's encouraging. We have a great consignment shop here which has really helped me. I bring my big clothes in and get inexpensive smaller clothes for very little money.

The think I really hate is the loose skin at my neck. It's making me crazy.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i'm currently at that stage where i dropped a size, and i'm feeling good about my progress, but nobody has really noticed yet. they just notice that I am looking nice, but not the size difference. I'm hoping another 7 pounds makes it obvious.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand this, my pants will get so baggy they look ridiculous, luckily I have the next size down jeans from another time I lost a lot of weight, and my current jeans are skinny jeans so I can get away with wearing them a bit longer, but my shirts are starting to get baggy as well. Wow I love this feeling!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yes. I could kick myself. several months ago, I got rid of a LOT of clothes. The ones I thought I would never into again. And I was okay with it, so I went and bought a bunch of bigger clothes. Soon after, my doctor told me to lose weight, so I did. 15 pounds later, half the clothes in my closet don't fit, and the other half are old and I'm sick of them. Urgh.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm at that point where I look like a hobo half the time xP also, i dropped a cup size.... something i don't like to think about, but i do look better so it's not too upsetting haha.

I had to buy a C the other week because my bras were getting ridiculous... part of me was like awww... but then it also shows how much I've lost!
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Whenever I see my weight lost, I think more of how much I have to lose, and less of gains already made. In my mind, fitness is still (emotionally) a destination - though I know it should be a journey. I have to take up small victories, but I end up hating myself. Patience is sooooooo hard!!!
  • StarvingDiva
    Options

My bottom gets sore sitting on hard chairs because there's not enough padding!

^^^THIS I have a long tailbone but pretty much no bum, so once I lost weight and the little padding I had there, my tailbone hurts if I sit for awhile, I'm going to have to buy one of those granny donut pillows when I start working next week
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can completely empathize with your post. There was a period where my trousers without a belt (that almost looped twice btw!!) were very baggy. I had comments like MC Hammer pants etc ;)

The only think I could say about my journey was not being able to get my wife doing it with me and I havent been able to convince her to do anything about her weight. Infact my efforts have been labelled as obnoxious to some extent.

I agree. It's also rough when your S/O won't go to the gym with you, or do things with you and you're watching them add weight. My boyfriend has a family history of high blood pressure and heart disease, and he eats like a cow. I know his calorie needs are MUCH higher than mine, but I wish I saw him eat healthier foods... I tell him each time I go food shopping I'll buy him stuff to take to work so he's not just eating two pb sandwiches... Losing weight and being healthier is much easier when your S/O is on the same page as you!

Mine calls my attempts obnoxious too :( and then gets annoyed because I give up when he still wants fast food.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    LOL that is one hard part about losing weight. I had to laugh during that phase especially from size 8 down to size 2 it seemed to drop sizes so fast and I couldn't keep up. I found a consignment store and bought enough to get by. I took good care of the clothes and could bring them back for credit when picking out and getting the next lower sizes. I just kept doing that and I learned to sew darts in some pants and shorts, but it makes them unusable for future trades but it was worth it for some of my favorites.

Then once you reach your goal it's still hard. It's been a year for me now and I am slowly acquiring stuff but no way could I afford to replace everything. But I have enough to get by. The nice thing about being lean is you can buy juniors clothing which is cheaper (and generally pretty cute). Who would have ever thought a 51 year old could shop in the juniors section?!!! LOL The other neat thing is you can buy cheap t-shirts at target/wal-mart or whatever and they look good on you! My husband says I could wear a potato sack and look good now. LOL

It is totally fun. ENJOY IT.
  • StarvingDiva
    Options
    So far the only thing I don't like is that my wedding ring is way too big now. I'm still wearing it, but it falls off (or comes close to falling off) several times a day. We'll be married 11 years next month and I hate the thought of not wearing it.

I would buy one of those cheap ring sizer things at Walmart or something, keep your ring snug and safe and still wearing it and then once you get to goal have it professionally sized down.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You know you can get it resized. Contact a jeweler and that should be able to resize it for you. I know you will miss not wearing it for a while, but you would miss it more if you lose it altogether. :happy:

That is very true. When I lost 50 pounds for the first time around I was so afraid I would lose my wedding ring. I was going to get it sized down but was kind of glad I didn't because I gained some weight back. But this time I think when i lose my weight permanently I am going to get it sized. That way I will have another incentive not to gain my weight back. I know a lot of people don't like thrift or resale shops, but you can go find some really high end ones and buy a couple sizes in between for a lot cheaper then a brand new outfit. That maybe you only wear once or twice til it's hopefully too large. I also have saved some clothes from when i was smaller several years ago so i have various sizes in the closet. Yeah maybe they aren't so fashion forward but they do in a pinch. My negative NSV also is the fact that I have gone down in bra size and I hate buying new bras. This is the worst! Ladies you all know what i am saying! Right?!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i was cool with buying new, smaller clothes ... but even my SHOES are too big. i used to wear 7 or 7.5 depending on the shoe, but the past few pairs i've bought are 6.5 ... now i have so many shoes that i can't use and there's nothing really wrong with them.
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My glasses fall off my face if I look down.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the clothes not fitting thing. I felt like an idiot when I'd have to wear baggy pants haha. I finally was able to get new clothes when I had to punch in 6 extra holes into the belt I had just to keep them up!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My butt hurts if I sit down for too long. On the positive side of that, I've lost enough weight that I can stand up for prolonged periods without it making my back/knees/feet hurt.

My breasts dangle... like tube socks with bars of soap in them. :grumble: But - I've gone from a DDD to a D cup.

Excess skin on my belly, thighs, and a little on my upper arms... They say it takes a couple of years for the skin to shrink on it's own. I'm hoping that it will shrink some.

The mental vision of myself that I see in the mirror - I still see FatAngie... If I look at pictures side by side, I can see what others see. And sometimes my shadow/reflection startles me. But last night, I told my husband to look, my shadow has a waist line! LOL

There's a lot I still don't like, but I know how far I've come.

For those who wish their spouses would hop on board - My husband wasn't on board when I first started either. He actually didn't get into it until I'd been at this for several months. Once other people started noticing and complimenting me, then he decided to do something also. Just keep doing what you're doing, and do it for yourself... More often than not, they'll catch on.
  • lisashiner
    Options
    What did you do when cravings hit? My worst times are when I'm alone. What did you do to get through the sugar cravings especialy
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Same problem about the clothes, so I go to charity (thrift) shops and get second hand clothes to do me until I buy my new wardrobe. I have also had to buy new bra's due to a 4" loss and 3-4 cup size off my chest!

Not complaining that much though as I have picked up some great bargains, and I donate back all my big clothes - so its just recycling :smile:
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    LOL ... I feel your pain. I am cheap and haven't bought anything yet. I went from a size 20 in pants to a 12. I do have a pair of jeans that are 12. I wore an 2X -XL in shirts, now M-L. I was walking out of the bathroom the other day and my hubby asked when I got the 'new shorts'..... they were my underwear! My friend at work told me I looked like a hobo the other day. She said "please go buy some clothes.. please!" I think they are taking up a collectin for me to buy clothes...LOL. I'm not broke just cheapp and don't wanna waste money on something I wont be able to wear in a couple of months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!