What motivates you to exercise?

Options
I have found that buying myself new workout clothes helps me stay motivated. Like bying new running shoes or jogging pants really helps me want to go exercise. I know it's not the cheapest motivater, but it's so rewarding...what motivates you?

Replies

• MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    That feeling I get after I exercise... it's a rush. Crazy, I know.

I love new running shoes-- in all their glory! Haha. :)
  • shawley1
    Options
    Going shopping to buy new clothes and finding out that you need the next size smaller!
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    The fact that I'm getting doughy :tongue:
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    the fact that, if i exercise, i'll get to eat a little more today. like have some chocolate.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Looking good in (or out of) my clothes, gym or regular ones!
    Often being the only female lifting weights--I get competitive with the guys.
    The feeling of exhaustion and accomplishment I have after a workout.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    That feeling as you are walking away from the gym....all sweaty and tired, with a smile on my face the entire way to the car.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I stay motivated by that exhilaration after a really hard work out!! .......... :love: :bigsmile: :drinker:

And that I CAN DO it at all! This time last year I was "starting over" yet again and was heavier & pretty inflexible. :noway:

And YES!!!! Buying smaller workout & regular clothes because mine are too baggy! :drinker: :love: :love:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The feeling of absolute elation after the first 20-25 minutes in the gym. If I'm not feeling up to going, I know if I can get through the first 20-25 minutes I will feel amazing and won't want to stop!

Oh, and the extra calories I can eat. :wink: :laugh:
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    The utter exhaustion I get after a hard day at the gym!!! Feeling boneless and tired and having it be because I can do 60 minutes of intense cardio, 2 months ago I couldn't do 6 minutes of it!!!! Being tired because I work out not because I ate crap all day and sat on my a**...

Oh, and putting something on and finding out it is way too big now!!!