Green Smoothie Fast?

Green smoothie fast for a week...good or bad?
what do you think?

Replies

• Personal choice. Personally I think fasting is counter intuitive to the way our biology is but each to their own.
  • Personal choice. Personally I think fasting is counter intuitive to the way our biology is but each to their own.

since its been pretty much proven to have masses of health benefits in mamals how is it counter productive?
  • Pretty much proven, is that like sorta kinda true?? For every bit of "science" you can find for, I can find against.
  • Can you link me to any study showing fasting being bad for us?

Every study ive seen, most are still in progress hence why i said pretty much shows weight loss, increased life expectancy ansd so on
  • Never said it was bad, I said counter intuitive, if you are looking to lose fat, starving yourself is counter intuitive, as cavemen we used to go through times of famine, our bodies are designed to hold on for dear life the fat stores in our bodies in times of famine, hence counter intuitive.
  • So the body stores fat incase of famine, then when famine hits it saves the fat?
    That goes against nature, feast and famine is how we evolved
  • Alright doctor, this is obviously not going anywhere, good luck with it.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    you'll gain weight right after even if you go to eating healthy
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    I think it can be done. I do love a yummy green juice or smoothie. I'm not much of a faster.