P90 - halfway through but SO tired...

Options
Hi Guys

I've been at P90 for 47 days now and although I'm still enjoying it, I'm really struggling.

when I was doing level 1/2 I had tons more energy and felt great, but now I feel constantly exhausted. I want to keep going but I always feel stiff (not muscle sorness, just feel like an old woman when I stand up etc) and I am always very tired and want to sleep.

Did anyone else experience this? Do you think I need to start on some recovery drinks or something? I'm taking a multivitamin daily and trying to get a protein shake or bar in after every workout.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

*falls asleep at her ipad*

Replies

• Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile for me, so remind me please...are you at the point where the diet consists mostly of protein? I went through the exact same thing and it gets better.

If you are really feeling run down you can try upping your carb intake a bit (the good stuff, sweet potaotes and brown rice, etc.) and it will help out a lot.

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • renkatrun
    renkatrun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    (oops. -sorry - was thinking this was a different board and my comment was irrelevant.)
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Maybe you should go back to doing 1/2 for a bit longer? Hard to say without knowing what you eat and what the rest of your day is like.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nutrition issue.

However, P90 is not for everyone. Maybe you do not recover quickly enough.

I'd say give it some more time. Eat lots of protein.
  • Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Taken directly from beachbody.com
    Funny thing is, most people don't even know what a carbohydrate is or what it does—which is sad indeed, considering it's the body's primary source of fuel and a powerful tool for even the most casual of athletes. Like any food group, carbs should be eaten in moderation, but they have an important job to do, so let's shed some light on them. Sit down, set aside that tub of greasy poultry, and let's take a look at our much-maligned little buddy, the carbohydrate.

At their simplest, carbs are sugars, most notably glucose. Also known as blood sugar or dextrose, glucose flows through the bloodstream, where, thanks to the conductor insulin, it is absorbed by every single cell in your body and converted into energy. Excessive amounts of carbs are stored as fat, so it's important not to overeat them. But carb consumption should be directly associated with activity level, since you burn them quickly whenever you do any level of exercise. Excessive carb consumption can make you fat and lethargic, but so can excessive protein, fat, or alcohol consumption. Without enough carbohydrates, your body's ability to perform, both athletically and mentally, becomes compromised.
  • twosteps
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I'm not actually following the food plan as such, because I had weight loss surgery two years ago and therefore can only eat small amounts at a time and need to graze to get enough in to sustain me.

A typical day for me looks like this:

Breakfast: 1tbsp meusli, 1 tbsp greek yoghurt, handful blueberries, dash of milk
    Mid Morning: 10 almonds and 15 grapes
    Lunch: Thai tuna salad (approx 1.5 cups) or 2 oat cakes and some cheese
    Afternoon Snack: Post workout protein shake with 1 banana and ice
    Dinner: Chicken and vegetable stir fry with brown rice (approx 1.5 cups)
    Drinks: 5 pints water, maximum two caffeinated drinks per day, unlimited roibos tea

I have booked to see a nutritionist on Wednesday so hopefully she can give me some feedback and suggestions to boost my energy levels.

Thanks for the good luck, fingers crossed I can find the issue soon before I run out of steam entirely!