I love my hubby

Options
Finally! I knew if I didn't nag, he would come around... He just said last night that he wants to start losing weight too and getting healthy:)

Replies

• mama4loca
    Options
    First step toward us living longer together :)
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! makes it easier to do it together. My OH isnt overweight but has put on a few pounds (well quite a few but he was rather slim before so is still in the healthy BMI range) I worked out thoguht that if he carried on that way he would be over weight at some point! he seems to fry meat a lot and stuff like that!

As I do most of the cooking now I get to pick what we eat and how it is cooked and fortunatley he is easily pleased so grilled meat and veggies is what he gets just in bigger portions than me! I do make chips for him with a steak but I will have salad. I tend to avoid too many carbs as they dont sit well with me and have swapped oil for low fat spray etc but still give him couscous and stuff like that.. He does take a chocolate bar and crisps with his lunch to work but that is his choice but I think slowly he will lose a litle weight by 'stealth because of me doing the cooking'
  • mama4loca
    Options
    LOL I was thinking, what are chips and crisps? You must be from the UK :)
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    yeah sorry! chips are fries I think you call them in the US....the things that get sold with burgers! and crisps are ....I dont know what they are in the US - very thin deep dried potatoes slices sold in poackets with a flavouring.........
  • mama4loca
    Options
    french fries and potato chips!
  • shell045
    Options
    Great News for him and you.

His new-found interest in losing weight will help to keep you motivated also.
  • gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I wish I could get mine on board! Any suggestions??
  • veggiebound
    veggiebound Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been telling my hubby that his unhealthy eating is not burning off as fast now he is approaching 40, but he insisted that he is still skinny....until I went into our fav thai place to get me a veg curry (our hob broke) and the lady said to him ' oh look you are putting on weight'. He was so surprised, lmao.

He has been eating less junk the last few days lol.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Careful. The next thing you know, you'll be lifting weights together, riding bikes together, going new clothes shopping together, doing more "marital exercises" together. It really is kind of contagious.
  • mama4loca
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I wish I could get mine on board! Any suggestions??

I used to nag at him and apparently men don't like that LOL So this time I kept quiet and just refused to eat his "bad" food and he saw me working out and sees how much more energy I have again HE brought it up.He has diabetes and high blood pressure!
  • mama4loca
    Options
    Careful. The next thing you know, you'll be lifting weights together, riding bikes together, going new clothes shopping together, doing more "marital exercises" together. It really is kind of contagious.

Yeah, more natural exercises is a perk :)
  • mama4loca
    Options
    I've been telling my hubby that his unhealthy eating is not burning off as fast now he is approaching 40, but he insisted that he is still skinny....until I went into our fav thai place to get me a veg curry (our hob broke) and the lady said to him ' oh look you are putting on weight'. He was so surprised, lmao.

LOL and what's a hob?
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    LOL and what's a hob?

Stove rings? Cooker rings? What do you call them in the USA? :-D The things you put your saucepans on and cook!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Google is my friend - apparently you call them elements or burners!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

LOL and what's a hob?

The electric heat pads or gas bits that you get on top of ovens, for frying / boiling and that sort of thing.

That's great btw that he's taking an interest in a healthy lifestyle :D
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Great news!!! How long have you two benn married?
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started my healthy lifestyle back in January 2011 and it took a year before my hubby joined me. He's been tracking calories since January 2012 and is now down 60 pounds. He really isn't working out or exercising, but he definitely has more energy than before. :)
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Mine has started working out and counting calories over the past few weeks...to help push me. ;-) It certainly helps to have him along for the ride...even if he doesn't have much to lose! Here's to our wonderful hubbies!!!
  • StephanieStroud
    StephanieStroud Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I are in this together, and it makes the whole process so much easier and fun!
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Can relate - my hubby joined MFP in the last fortnight & is doing really well. When he sets his mind to something he's very determined so he's definitely on the road to new found health & fitness!!