Best multivitamin

Hello,

what multivitamin do you think is the best to take for overall health?
Also I have seen lots of 'skin, hair and nail' tablets, are they any good? If so what is the best brand to buy?

Thanks x

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    I think if you are eating well you should get your bits from your food...but otherwise I think the multivitamins +iron are pretty good?
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    There are lots of people who will tell you that if you're eating right you don't need multivitamins. I don't keep track of macro's etc, so I feel like something as simple as a multivitamin is a good idea. I just take the Walmart brand that's comparable to Centrum because it's a lot cheaper.

The biggest thing about supplements (in the US anyway) is that they're not regulated so you're never sure if what the label says is actually in the pill. If you're in the US, try to make sure that yours is certified by USP - there's always a logo on the label if it is.
    verified.gif

You can read more about the organization here: [url] http://www.usp.org/dietary-supplements/overview[/url]
  • alzaman5925
    alzaman5925 Posts: 64 Member
    I think if you are eating well you should get your bits from your food...but otherwise I think the multivitamins +iron are pretty good?

Yeah, I concur. If you're eating a well balanced diet then you shouldn't really be looking for any kind of extra supplements, since the B vitamins in particular I think cannot be removed by the liver, only used up when the body needs them. Excess build up of this in the body can be very harmful, so there is a risk of overdosing even on these.

But if you're worried that you might be skimping on those essential vitamins, I think the multivitamin & iron tablets are your best choice whilst you have no specific deficiencies which you're aware of. Girls in particular will benefit from the extra iron during a certain time of month. :tongue: