Facing a difficult Situation

Options
2»

Replies

• sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    wow this could be tough..but not impossible. If you really want to do it you are going to have to say "no" to a lot of the food. Can you pack some lunches? I would get you some low carb tortilla whole wheat shells..and put some turkey slices and fat free cheese with mustard. Pack some grapes..grapes work wonders for me when I feel the need to munch.

Yes, I second the idea on grapes! Especially purple ones - so tasty and satisfying! And turkey sounds like a good idea too.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You got this. I wouldn't sweat it. I am against the "I'll just let go and make it up later" mentallity. Be vigilant. Don't sweat it if you know you are going over your calories. Let it happen, but be aware and don't worry. Small portions of everything you want and no second helpings - unless it's really good.

^
    This
  • zumbatastic
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am tired of fighting this rather alone, my wife supports me but she's so busy with other things its not coming off as quickly for her and I just need support from people outside.

Not having a big support network is why I have failed before, not failing this time!

No mister...this time you won't fail!! You will kick *kitten* and take names and be awesome!!! :-)
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think you should report back to us in an "update". Let us know what you did, and HOW you did. It will be difficult, but you got some good advice here. I really hope you'll check back in! :wink:
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Take some safe food. Then indulge in A dolmade, and share the portion with your wife. A Greek salad isn't exactly low fat, but it's a better option than some. Have your chicken and one piece of baklava.

I love Greek food, and I know I would share your fear of losing control, but try to relax. Have a couple of treats a day. Plan ahead which treats you'll have. You'll feel more in control, and still have a good time.
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    I think you should report back to us in an "update". Let us know what you did, and HOW you did. It will be difficult, but you got some good advice here. I really hope you'll check back in! :wink:

My update is this: I did just fine! Total for the festival meal including dessert was 623 calories, a bit higher than where I've been lately but still well under my allotted calories for the day so it all worked out.

Football snacks turned into 600 calories as well and covered dinner. Still under as well.

Overnight, just started the shift but I brought a salad, lite dressing, a protein bar, popcorn, trail mix, and a small bag of M&Ms, which is the worst thing I brought and will not be finished, on and a 100 cal yogurt for breakfast.

Since it got all planned out and I weighed by options I feel a lot better now. Big hurdle crossed, feeling good about it!

Is that a good update? :)
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job! Sounds like you made some great choices and still ate some yummy food.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    sounds like you did really well - be proud of yourself, you have faced a difficult challenge and passed with flying colours. You know you can do this.:drinker: