Traffic Ticket Inspires Weight Loss

Options
This woman in South Carolina was ticketed for not wearing a seat belt -- but she couldn't wear it because she was over 400 pounds. The ticket inspired her to lose 200 pounds, and she's still working on it.

Yes, Greg Proops is annoying but I enjoyed her success story.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/woman-credits-traffic-ticket-200lb-193000157.html

Replies

• cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I saw this on TV yesterday. Pretty awesome :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    She's beautiful. And she's doing it with no surgery and no pills!

And you're right, that anchor is the most annoying thing I've ever heard.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this story!

Thanks for posting!
  • sunshinealldaylong
    Options
    I just saw this on yahoo. But the sad thing is she did not say what she was doing in the segment I saw. :(
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    great story
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Awesome story
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow, I turned it off after 10 seconds. Hahaha Greg, what the hell are you doing with your life? He was pretty damn funny on Whose Line back in the day!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    That is too funny. But it's a lot like it happened for me only from a different perspective. I work as a deputy sheriff and three years ago we were taking someone to jail and he kept calling me a fat *kitten* from the back of the patrol car on the way and during the booking process. The sad part is that it was true. That was the last straw for me! That was just 3 years ago. LOL I bet the guy as no clue he was the straw that broke the camels back!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    That is too funny. But it's a lot like it happened for me only from a different perspective. I work as a deputy sheriff and three years ago we were taking someone to jail and he kept calling me a fat *kitten* from the back of the patrol car on the way and during the booking process. The sad part is that it was true. That was the last straw for me! That was just 3 years ago. LOL I bet the guy as no clue he was the straw that broke the camels back!

LOL "A criminal inspired me to lose weight!" That's a great story, too!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow, I turned it off after 10 seconds. Hahaha Greg, what the hell are you doing with your life? He was pretty damn funny on Whose Line back in the day!

Yeah. He is REALLY annoying doing this.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Aww, yay! I'm so glad her story is getting around - people here in SC weren't as impressed, unfortunately. She's a great inspiration!!

Edited to provide story link minus annoying guy: http://www.live5news.com/story/19455273/traffic-ticket-inspires-summerville-woman-to-lose-weight
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I agree--that guy is totally annoying! I love hearing stories about "What made me change". It validates everything I went through too!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That's a great story and I remember cutting a seat belt from the shoulder part and only wearing it on my lap because I was too big to fit it round my belly.
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's great that she didn't know you can purchase seat belt extenders. I bought one a while back because I had trouble buckling the belt when a passenger in hubbys' truck, Don't need it now, but sure was nice at the time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!