My daughters success

Options
paulwgun
paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
When i started on here October ish 2011 My daughter who is 15 used to come walking with me and she joined the gym for a short period but mostly she is healthy eating.
Shes been off school for summer holidays and went back this week where she has had numerous compliments from teachers and pupils on her weight loss and one pupil who my daughter says is really big came up to her and complimented her on the weight loss and wanted to know how she did it and asked her for help to loose weight which she is going to do

My daughter was a size16 uk she is now a 12/10

Im so proud of her success :drinker:

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Good for her!!! Congrats! My daughter is 13 and we did P90X together this summer - she's done well. Lost six pounds and maybe ten to go. She is 5'6 and 155 lbs right now. Its hard to get teenagers to eat right - so many temptations out there, so we concentrate on just moving.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's great to hear. :) Hopefully she motivates more people in her school and continues her healthy eating habits!
  • lsegatti
    lsegatti Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to BOTH you and your daughter! As parents, it is hard to remember each and every day but we are the MODELS ALWAYS! In what we do, in what we say, in how we treat others: young people are observing and learning our ways. There is no such thing as do as I say, don't do as I do. That never works!

Kudos to you to being the model and allowing her to accompany you on walks!

BTW: I am also proud of my young adult daughter, who is now living alone in another state and figuring out her first full time job out of college. She is doing it all on her own and has added in a focus of diet and exercise. She has lost 20 pounds thus far. I could not be prouder of all her accomplishments.
  • thistime38
    Options
    awww thats awesome! She must feel really good about herself. She should be very proud! It is not an easy thing to do and to learn that so early in life definitely gives her an advantage for later on in life.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool that you are taking pride in her success. I'll just bet it goes the other way, too. She's telling people what terrific things you are doing. Good for both of you!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Well done to you both-thats lovely to hear they can motivate and support each other over the 'danger times' like lunch and break-also so many seem to go to sweetshop or cake shop on way to school sadly.I used to rant at my pupils for this but they treated it as a laugh- time more took it seriously.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    That is wonderful that she has lost the weight AND that she is willing to help her classmate! Do you realize what a difference she might make in this other girl's life? That is huge!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!