900-1100 cal dietplan?

hey everyone,
i am new to fitness plan and need some help with knowing what foods i should and shouldnt be eating to reach my targeted weight loss goal while maintaing physical activity.

If someone could help me out with what my meal plans should look like and the right amount i should be eating you would be a true inspiration to me.

thanks for the help!

Replies

• Well, first off, you need to be eating 1200 calories or more a day for your body to function properly.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    How did you arrive at the 900-1100 calorie goal? For 99% of people, that's WAY too low. I'm trying to not jump to any conclusions/assumptions, but you're 19 years old, you don't look overweight from what I can see in your pic, yet you're talking about 900 cals per day and remaining active. That doesn't paint a good picture.

When you talk about reaching your goals... what are your goals? How active do you want to be, and what types of activities are you doing?

With so little info, all I can do is give you the basic stating point.

Have a minimum of 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass.
    Have a minimum of .3g of fat per lb of total body weight.
    The rest of your cals can come from whatever you want.

As for actual meal plans... you can pretty much eat whatever you want as long as you meet the above guidelines at the end of the day. It'll probably take you some practice to figure out what food combinations keep you full, you enjoy eating, and fit into your overall plan. But once you get it, you'll be set.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    you should not be eating less than 1200 calories unless you are on a medically supervised diet...and in that case, the dietician should have given you some sample meals!
  • you should not be eating less than 1200 calories unless you are on a medically supervised diet...and in that case, the dietician should have given you some sample meals!

Agree. minimum of 1200. 900 way too few.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    I would be eating my arm off.

That's way too low and there's no way you can maintain that for the long haul. If it gets you to where you want to go, you will absolutely, 150% put every single pound back on.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Way too low, especially considering you only need to lose 10lbs (according to your profile).

You should be aiming for like .5lbs lost a week, or less. You need to eat a lot more than 900 calories.