Diary help please.....

Options
Anyone want to take a look at my diary and give me some feedback? Since July 1st I have been very serious about trying to lose weight. I reduced my carbs because after experimenting for months I found that this is the only way for me to not have horrible cravings. Im frustrated because I feel like I should be losing weight but I haven't lost any more in the last two weeks. If I'm doing something wrong I would like to change it now before I waste any more time. I did try eating more last spring and managed to gain 11 pounds in just a few months so I'm pretty sure that's not my problem. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Replies

• RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    maybe cut out the fast food (wendys, sonic, mcdonalds) and junk food (cookies, beef jerky and beer)
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    oh, and are u exercising at all??
  • amandafranks32
    amandafranks32 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have not been working out much at all because I have been working tons of overtime and my baby has been sick for a month. Im hoping to be able to start working out more soon though.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ok..Yes, fast food is a KILLER :noway: if you are eating it on a consistent basis.
    Try to PLAN your meals before hand, so you will know what to shop for,
    instead of aimlessly walking up and down the grocery aisles.
    Saves money too.
    Pick an hour or so after your grocery shopping to make some quick snacks-
    I get snack slip lock bags, and put one serving of chips, or carrots, or whatever tickles your fancy in it!
    That way, when you are running out the door in the morning, you can grab a bag or two and take them to work.
    More economical for your finances
    and healthier for you.
    Another trick to use, is to empty all the CHANGE and ONE DOLLAR bills
    out of your purse the night before.
    (No $ = NO snack from vending machine)

I keep a snack drawer in my kitchen for my hubs and grand kiddo's,
    so they have measured portions.
    Keeps me sane, and keeps them from overeating-except the hubbs..:grumble:

Look at some other heavy loser's diaries, and try to get idea's from that.
    Even if you just begin with their snacks, that can cut out a few hundred cals a day.
    And it all adds up!:bigsmile:

Go to the recipe section and try some new low cal and fast and easy recipes.
    Nice to be excited about food again, instead of viewing it as the enemy.

Water intake-Seriously, are you drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces of good old H2O??
    It helps by carrying FAT and gunk out of your body.
    Yes, you will pee often,
    but think of it as a cleansing for an important organ in your body-your bladder.

EXERCISING..No movement=NO Loss, unless you are quite obese, as I am.
    Even now, I am having trouble losing if I do not consistently exercise.

Try to fit in 3 10 minute sessions a day to start with. Heck,
    almost anyone can do that.
    Work on gradually spacing them closer and closer until they are 1 30 minute block.
    Then, make a plan for your cardio vs. Weight's.

Also, I would add GOAL's to my profile-it sucks when you fail in front of your friends-
    tends to make you push a little further, jog a little longer, and eat a little more healthy.

Well Sis, I hope I have given you something to think about!
    God Bless you Sweetie,
    Sis Nicolette
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What's your sodium intake like? Also, as mentioned above, I'd cut down on the fast food, beer, highly processed stuff & work on overall nutrition. It's definitely not just about counting calories.

Tips I try to stick to:

Get some healthy fats in-almonds, avocado, pb. Fat doesn't make anyone fat & our bodies need it in the right form.
    Definitely always eat breakfast to kick start your metabolism.
    Eat small meals every 2-3 hrs to keep your metabolism up.
    Eat foods with more fiber, it helps keep you full longer.
    Think of it as a lifestyle change, not a diet. Diets don't last forever, lifestyle changes do.
    Losing weight is 70% diet (if not more!) & 30% exercise. Hopefully you can start fitting in some soon. I have 2 kids, 4 & 9 months old & I MAKE the time now instead of using them as my excuse (which I did after my 1st was born!). DVDs are awesome! Or wake up early if you can (yes it sucks!) & do it then.
    Make single serving snacks ahead of time. Fruits, veggies, nuts etc are all easily portioned out.
    A food scale helped me a lot. It really helps with portion control & to educate on true portion sizes.
    I don't know the nutrition facts on those shakes you have some mornings but maybe switch it up with eggs (real ones preferred) & some whole wheat fiber bread? Or 2% Greek yogurt with fruit & Kashi Go Lean.
    Check all your intake for sugars, carbs, fat etc & see if you cashoukd make any adjustments. You mentioned changing your carbs already, best to check the rest if you haven't already.
    Check to see what your TDEE & BMR are. I don't know your stats but maybe 1200 could even be too low. This is a pretty great site to check...
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Try not to drink your calories, it's amazing how they can add up.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    One thing I see is that you have not been logging your foods daily. You seem to have a lot of missing days between July 1 and now. I have found that I need to log everything, every day, good or bad. I also saw there were days when your calorie counts were very low, which can actually stall weight loss. Speaking for myself, I try to be sure I get at least 1200 calories a day even if I need to have some kind of snack(s) in the evening. I'd suggest adding sodium to the macros you track daily. It can be a real revelation! Too much sodium will cause water retention in a big way. Not sure how much water you are drinking but that is a big thing too. The formula for how much you should be drinking in a day is - your weight divided by 2 = # of ounces of water per day you should be drinking. I keep trying to increase my water. Some days I do well, others not so much. Don't give up - it will happen!