Best workouts for thighs

wattsam1
wattsam1 Posts: 95
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I know you can't spot treat weight loss but the biggest part of my body are my thighs. Does anyone have some good workouts to help tone thighs?

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    lunges, squats, wall sits, leg extensions(weight machine). Inner thighs, have a tennis ball(or bigger ball) between your knees and try to squeeze it with your knees. Oh and running.
  • shavasana
    shavasana Posts: 17 Member
    Consider Wall squats and Lunges. These are things you can do at home or the gym with little or no weight and you can achieve great results.

Get ready to feel the burn... Lots of nerve endings in your thighs. :)
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Exercisetv has some really great online free workouts. I've used alot of the leg ones and have seen a really nice difference in my legs.

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    lunges, squats, wall sits, leg extensions(weight machine). Inner thighs, have a tennis ball(or bigger ball) between your knees and try to squeeze it with your knees. Oh and running.

Wow even I learned something today! I am getting a tennis ball asap.
  • Try to find a BodyPump class, they do a lot of squats and lunges to tone your legs up! And then do running for cardio, to get to the muscle, you need to burn the fat!
  • Try to find a BodyPump class, they do a lot of squats and lunges to tone your legs up! And then do running for cardio, to get to the muscle, you need to burn the fat!

I've been to bodypump before - I never knew sore until I took that class! I need to go back.

Thanks for all the tips, everyone! I'm going to adjust my workouts now..
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    For the inner thighs you can do 'inner leg lifts', they do wonders!!

Lie on your side at a 30 degree angle. Take the top leg and cross it over the bottom leg so the foot is in front. Lift the bottom leg up/ down. Try for 2 - 3 sets of 25 to 50.
This discussion has been closed.