Spanx/Assets Body Shapewear

Options
Not sure where to really put this thread?

The holidays are obviously here and that means parties, dressing up, looking good . . . well i still have a bit of a pooch in my lower ab section. I was curious if anyone has tried any of the Asset line (at Target)? It's the more affordable Spanx shapewear. I'd really like to try it. Just wondering if it's worth the cost. It's about 50% less than the expensive Spanx that runs $45-100.

Replies

• kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    No but I would like to hear the anwsers...my wedding is in april and looking to buy the same thing.
  • daddysgirl724
    Options
    I got a pair similar to the name brand "Spanx" at Walmart and they were only like 10 to 15 dollars. My friends laughed at first but then tried them on and went out and each got a pair for themselves. I think they work really well especially for the price!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    O thanks! Do you by any chance remember the brand? Walmart is SO much closer to me than Target. I saw the review on Target.com and they have over 4 stars on most of them. I'm just curious.

I think I'll stop at Walmart instead :) Thank you, daddysgirl724
  • daddysgirl724
    Options
    I just packed mine for vacation lol but I know there are two different kinds. There are some that are extend down to the thigh and another pair that is more like a bikini bottom that extends higher up on your stomach. I have both pairs depending on if I'm wearing a dress or something that it might show underneath. Hopefully this helps!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love Spanx but they are very expensive. The Assets are a good compromise. I don't think they shape and hold quite as well as Spanx but they do the job and they are so much less expensive. With Spanx, I generally have to order them online. Target is more convenient. My only complaint is that Target is often out of the style/size/color that I want.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I love spanx. I know they're expensive but for shapewear I think they're the best. I've tried others and found them all to either not hold up as well (and therefore cheaper didn't really turn out to be cheaper in the long run) or they were binding and that SUCKS!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    LOL slightly off topic!
    I LOVE my spanx but lordy are they a pain in the butt when i have to go PEE!!!!! they take me forever to get into!!!

and I am going to see my hunni for xmas, and am trying to figure out how to do the spanx often and yet still be smexi well you know :blushing: don't want him to seem them going on or coming off HAHAHAHA!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to share another opiton. It is a little more than Wal-mart but for a wedding or something its worth it. (the top makes your chest look good). The Kymaro Shapers. I heard about it on an informercial on tv and bought it, But Bed, Bath & Beyond has them. I think the top & bottom is about $20. They come in nude & black.
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Thanks gals! These are super helpful! I'll have to check out some of the department stores around me as well and see what they have. I can let you know!

Unfortunately, I have a dinner this weekend and I don't have time to order anything online . . . so I'll be doing this "cheaply".
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    I tried some on at dillards one day (the spanx) and wasn't all that impressed... maybe it was the price. I can't imagine paying that much for something so uncomfortable. But, that's just my opinion. I get hot easily and I was burning up by the time I pulled the dang thing off in the fitting room.

I've heard alot of people say they like it and I suppose if I had a huge event I might invest in one.

The assets seem to be a lot more affordable although I've never tried one on.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Spanx are pretty expensive but they do work well if you need to camo problem areas. I have an off brand from walmart. I have tried both and got similar effect so I would go with the off brand if cost is an issue. They can get a little uncomfortable if you wear them for long periods at a time but for a specail event they work great.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my spanx...well my off-brand spanx :laugh: Totally worth the money.
  • monalisa034
    Options
    In my opinion, you should try body shapewear. They are generally more comfortable and reduce fat to some extent and keep your body in shape.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the stuff at target, but i bought 2 shape wear night shirts at Jcpennies and they were amazing. I actually wear them as tshirts since they look like tank tops with a beautiful lace design :)

I would recommend giving it a try based on my experience. good luck!!! :)
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I bought some of the shapeware from walmart.

It was suppose to be a undershirt, but have wore it as a tank top over the summer. It has a waist band that starts just under the breast line. It takes off about 4-5 inches. It works amazingly. I would absolutely recommend the spandex shapeware to smooth out some of the hard to get at places