Advice for a smoker?

Options
13»

Replies

• kidzerrn
    kidzerrn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    QUIT!!
    Keep telling yourself over and over ,,,eww this is disgusting, I stink, my clothes stink,,,not to mention most importantly what it does to your body and those around you.
    It is hard but after doing that ( telling myself it it too gross etc,,, I finally quit( 27 years ago,,,fell off once for about a year and then quit for the second time .
    Ever thought of hypnosis?
    Good luck its so worth it!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I suggest you quit smoking unless you want to end up like myself, diagnosed with COPD (emphysema) at age 28, from smoking. The early signs are wheezing, shortness of breath and repeated bouts of bronchitus. It is irreversible and once you get beyond a certain point, you can end up on oxygen and your life will be severely cut short.

I stopped as soon as I was diagnosed, and went onto nicotine inhalators, and if I can quit, going from 40-60 a day to nil, so can you.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not going to tell you to quit. You already know you have to do that. You didn't ask to be told what you already know, now did you?

That said, ballet dancers are notorious smokers. And do you know that iconic black-and-white photograph of the Tour de France from back in the day? -- All those boys had cigarettes in their mouths. Smokers CAN do hard physical work. Just keep at it and build up slowly.

Oh, and I'm betting that if you do, you'll find quitting much easier when you decide you're ready.
  • asticoral
    Options
    I stopped smoking 2 yrs ago with electronic cigarettes, simply the easiest, pain-free and fun way to to leave the stinkies behind!
    compare the 4000 chemicals in cigs to the three to four common food additives in e-liquid... there is no comparison, anyone feel free to contact me with any questions!

http://casaa.org/ has a ton of accurate information available including a downloadable flyer for you and doctor
    I'm a member on this forum and we have over 100K members! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

There are community groups, live chats, vape shows and world class meets!
  • shesabattgirl
    Options
    Yes, quitting smoking is extremely hard, one of the hardest things I have ever done and I trained for a half marathon. The sooner you do, the better you will feel. Until then, keep doing your crunches and squats and cardio. I would suggest that you ease up on the tempo of your cardio workouts until your lungs become more conditioned, pushing a little harder each time you workout.