Has Kinesiology worked for you?

Options
Hi all,

I'm currently going through a really rough time with my stomach, I used to have Pancreatitis and it took its toll on my stomach leaving me with stomach spasms and it's getting worse. A friend recommended seeing a kinesiologist to see if they can figure out what's making this so bad and I wondered whether anyone had a good experience and could share.

Thanks x
Nikkei

Replies

• bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! go to an M.D.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Um...Kinesiologist...estentially is a trainer or gym teacher. That's where I like to get my medical advice from... My brother-in-law has a PHD in kinesiology...most certainly is not a medical doctor. Great guy and knows his fitness and nutriton tho!
  • hutchema
    hutchema Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just my experience with an applied kinesiologist that I have been seeing for 4 months...

I had been going to a chiropractor and several doctors over the past 6 years due to several health and pain issues such as stomach pain, digestive problems, constant pain on each side of my stomach area, lower, mid and upper back pain, neck pain, a sprained ankle that never healed...and the list goes on. I would go from one doctor to the next because I do not want to be put on perscribed pain medications, which is all the doctors seemed to want to do for me. Granted, I have a slow thyroid, but that was all they could find wrong with me besides the back pain.

I started seeing a traditional chiropractor in October 2009, and would go in about 4 or more times a month for adjustments and massage sessions. But, over the years my pain worsened and I couldn't even bare to sit at my desk for an hour without excrutiating pain in my back!

Finally in October 2012, I decided enough was enough! I had to find some relief. I started looking for a new chiropractor and stumbled accross an applied kinesiologist near my home and thought I would see what he could do.

I have to admit that I am a very skeptical person, and my first visit was very interesting due to the nature of kinesiology. But one the first visit, the doctor released my ceased-up neck and for the first time in many many years I was able to look from side to side without any pain and with ease.

Since then, I can finally walk on my ankle without pain, have done 2 successful gallbladder flushes, and have had a hiatal hernia fixed by this doctor. I had no idea that my gallbladder was packed with stones or that I even had a hiatal hernia!

It's only been 5 months that I have been going to mine and I litterally have no back pain anymore, no stomach issues at all, and I have started exercising again without having to run into the chiropractor after each aerobic class.

The thing you need to keep in mind with kinesiologists is that a lot of chiropractors claim to practice kinesiology and do the muscle testing. But, applied kinesiology is more than just muscle testing, so much more. Make sure you go to a nationally certified applied kinesiologist (with an actual certificate!), don't waste your time and money on those who just do the muscle testing.

Like I said, this is just my opinion, but I refer everyone to my kinesiologist, he's done wonders for me!! I can't vouch for all of them that are out there, but I can for mine.
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im currently studying kinesiology and i can tell you that although we do learn about nutrition and know a decent amount of information in regards to issues with the stomach, your best bet is to FIRST see an M.D.

The doctor will likely be able to determine the cause of your spasms more readily. After that, if you want to see a kinesiologist about constructing a new diet, go for it...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Go to a real doctor.

Everyone knows Kinsey's research was crap.
  • crissyrox
    Options
    I second Hutchema, had pretty much the same experiences with going to see mine. She has done wonders not only for me but for my son. Make sure you do your research though and find one that is really reputable. Just my opinion.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I thought kinesiology was a focus on your body in how it moves.... shouldn't you talk to a gastro?
  • hutchema
    hutchema Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to follow-up with this post, since it has been awhile. I still go see my kinesiologist, the same one that I have now had for 16 months, but now I am only going about once every 2 months for maintenance. I am not much of a FAN of doctors or chiropractors, because I have had bad experiences in the past, but my applied kinesiology doc is worth every penny!