looking for salad dressing ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I just tried Bolthouse Farms Olive Oil Balsamic today... for 2 tbsp it's 30 calories, 150 mg of sodium (most dressings are loaded) and 0 fat. It was great!

I found it in the section where the bagged salad is- it was in with the other refrigerated dressings near the produce with the Marie's dressings (not sure if it's like that everywhere or just here in CT) :wink:
  • timeforchange
    Options
    wow, it sounds like you all have way better options for salad dressings! I live in Ontario and basically only have Kraft, Newman's, and Renee's. That bolthouse stuff sounds good though! wish I could find better dressings!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm in Montreal and they sometimes carry Bolthouse in the veggie department (refrigerated, like Renees) - And PC has some decent dressings as well!
  • saraketner
    Options
    I get into a dressing rut, too... I just discovered Newman's Own Lighten up Low Fat Sesame ginger. Only 35 cals in 2tbsp! It is so yummy! I've even used it to marinate chicken breasts before I grilled them.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i made grilled chicken ceasar salad wraps last night and adapted mine, i used nonfat plain greek yogurt mixed with lots of garlic, tossed my lettuce with that yogurt mixture, grilled chicken into a low carb pita, yum and saved a lot of calories.