fashion help

Options
Vmg773
Vmg773 Posts: 49 Member
I'm heading to a wedding with a new man i'm seeing. I don't know anyone and want to look fabulous. And of course, i'm 30 pounds heavier and have no idea how to dress my body.

I have a kimono dress with an empire waist and a trapeze dresss. It's a fairly causal event, tie but no jacket. The trapeze dress is definitely fancier but i'm worried i look like an elephant. With my dark features I look pretty dressed up in anything so i'm more worreid about being too formal than too casual.

HELP! Thoughts?

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm heading to a wedding with a new man i'm seeing. I don't know anyone and want to look fabulous. And of course, i'm 30 pounds heavier and have no idea how to dress my body.

I have a kimono dress with an empire waist and a trapeze dresss. It's a fairly causal event, tie but no jacket. The trapeze dress is definitely fancier but i'm worried i look like an elephant. With my dark features I look pretty dressed up in anything so i'm more worreid about being too formal than too casual.

HELP! Thoughts?

Well, seeing as I don't know how tall you are, what size etc I can't properly help, but I personally like empire line dresses and find them most flattering. I'm not sure what a trapeze dress is.

I went to a wedding last week, and I wore quite a fitted dress, and had a ribbon round the empire bit to emphasise my small(ish) waist and my boobs!

I'd say go for empire line, get some pretty jewelery and wear some heels.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    How do you carry your weight? If you carry a lot of it in your stomach, an empire waist is a bad idea, it's going to look like a maternity dress. I think we need pics!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Pictures would be helpful. I'm picturing a Trapeze dress like a big tent. Sorry, not the fashion goddess you hoped for. I think if I had a choice to go over dressed or under dressed, I'd go for overdressed. Try to play it down with casual accessories and sandals, maybe? Maybe a shopping for a new dress is in order, too? Shop the sales or cheaper stores. Even consignment.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

HELP! Thoughts?

Can you post a pic of yourself, or of someone with a similar body type? would help a LOT!! Some dresses are more flattering, some, depending on your bust size, can tank.

if the kimono is a V neck, I'd say no... if the trapeze dress is shortish, I'd say no. weddings, IMO, require modest length