Options
2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Map a route using runkeeper.com

it's free...
    Yup - use the RunKeeper website - I map our runs all the time so I know what route to take in order to hit the distance I'm aiming for. Works great!

You don't have to use it with the app (although I take my iPhone along in an armband and it does great), and it maps the route you take and logs it for ya. But if you just want to map it out ahead of time, use the website.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Mapmyrun app on my phone!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When I only had a stupidphone, I used the runkeeper or mapmyrun website to plot a course. After doing that about a year, I know how far EVERYTHING is from my house. Quarter mile to the house with the yappy pomeranians, half mile to the laundromat, one mile to the Irish pub, 1.5 to the end of the golf course, 2 to the other Irish pub, etc. Good thing, or maybe too bad, all those pubs are closed when I'm running, or I'd be hydrating with a Guinness. :laugh:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    ^ :laugh: I need to plan a pub route!
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    nkyjennifer, the Nano was the one with the pedometer it broke due to getting sweat in after I clipped it to my shirt. :sad:

I'm thinking of the Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor, reviews seem pretty good.

That sucks! I'll be watching mine more carefully now.

The Garmin 110 is on my wish list - maybe for Christmas before I start training for my next half-marathon. :-)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I use Nike GPS band. I would love a Garmin but settled for this.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i used my car honestly its .6 miles to the church which should put me at the stop sign on the way back just in time for my cool down walks
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Get a waterproof case for your phone then get runtastic!!! If that doesn't work I say mapmyrun is the way to go.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i use the nike+ app on my phone.
  • amycb03
    amycb03 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun.com is free!

I used this site all the time before I purchased my Garmin- it is a great tool!