Let's tackle this together!

Options
Anyone here from Georgia? Anyone with joint issues and a large amount of excess weight? I'm looking for MFP pals to help keep me motivated! I am in my 50's. I've lost 37 lbs and I still need to lose a lot more. Can you relate? Can you offer motivation and support? Do you want motivation and support? If so, let's tackle this together! Send me an invite!

:happy:

Replies

• cosmicgirl64
    cosmicgirl64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great work on the 37lbs so far!! Have you tried swimming? Pools around my place can be expensive to go to but what's an extra $20 a week to go swimming a few times and add to that 37lbs! Even just jumping the water and doing a few light laps would help. Hell, even just being in the water and floating around would burn a few cals with no pressure on your body! Another idea is seated weights? They're easy enough to do from home too if you don't go to a gym. I filled 2 big milkbottles with water and would lift them while I was seated at the table. It burns a few cals by itself but the most important thing is that it's building muscle to burn the fat for you without even trying. Good luck with your journey, you've already got a great start behidn you!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I read the title of this post, and honest-to-God the first thing that went through my brain was "If by 'this' you mean 'Tom Hardy naked', then YES, oh PLEASE let's tackle this!"

Sorry, I just had to share. :laugh:
  • jenborn0730
    Options
    I'm all about finding new friends and new ways. I'd love to help with your journey. I'm not in Georgia though - Kentucky. But hey fat is fat no matter what state you're in!!! LOL

Cosmicgirl.......love those exercise ideas.
  • swanie12
    swanie12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello... I m new here, but I have back and neck problems and understand how hard it can be to exercise sometimes. Mostly, I just walk now off and on. If anyone would like someone to talk with for support please let me know. I would really like to talk with folks.

Have a great day!

Kosmo
  • diane3kitty
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been on here almost a week and I am about to turn 49 and looking for encouragement as well. I am way out of shape and working back into exercising using the Wii and some DVD's I have. I have faced lots of challenges over the last year but I am putting that all behind me now.