How do you bounce back after a bad day?

Options
2»

Replies

• StillChangingAmie
    Options
    One thing that helps me get back on track is to change the way I think completely. :]

Instead of "I have to work out today" think "I get to work out today!" And things like that. Don't think of it as a screw up, think of it as "Pumpkin latte's are the bomb, but that poptart was awful. Thank goodness tonight's dinner is healthy, 'cause I feel sick."
    Good luck!
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "Pumpkin latte's are the bomb, but that poptart was awful. Thank goodness tonight's dinner is healthy, 'cause I feel sick."

Very well put.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would hardly call a pop tart and a latte a disaster? Many on here manage quite successfully to incorporate a treat into their daily goal, and lose weight just as well. This is meant to be a lifestyle change, not a tie yourself to a strict regime for life and forego all treats for life sort of change. Many people even have a treat meal once a week, and in fact, people not watching their weight and with no cause to naturally accept there will be days they eat more, and days they eat less. It is part of being 'normal'. Just enjoy those moments and those treats when they arise, and do what you feel comfortable with for the rest of the day and onwards.
  • lisam191
    Options
    Had a really bad day today! Done no excercise, ate chips AND loads of chocolate today. UGH i feel so guilty and fat :(
  • fayefern
    fayefern Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i had a bad weekend!! we were out of town and ate out a lot...i started out ok but it got worse as the time went by. i feel really lousy but whats done is done and theres nothing to do but start again tomorrow.(im glad im home!) im trying not to be too hard on myself; i dont think anyone should as long as there are more good days than bad
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If I have something bad I just try and fit it in my day. If you're over, well, tomorrow's another day. Everyone is going to go over once in a while, just try to make sure it doesn't happen too often. Forget it, move on, and kick @$s the rest of the week.