600 no more but stuck at 400

Options
:glasses: I'm mid-40 and have been struggling with my weight all my life. At my heaviest I was 600lbs and was told that I would never live to the age of 50. I have tried a variety of fad diets and exercises all that promise that miracle of instant success only to find failure and deep depression which of course I found comfort in my old friend food. It didn't work!

My health went downhill fast and I ended up on disability. So I got serious and found some help. I had bariatric surgery (2008) and am now down almost 200lbs. However that is only half the battle and over the past year I have been at a plateau. So here I am (I started about a week ago) working at getting the rest of my goal met... another 150-200lbs. Eating smart and moving while listening to my body is my game plan...

I have had an interesting journey so far and I know it will not be dull in the future. I welcome any friends that would like to come along and join me...

Replies

• BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. I'll send you a friend request and hope to walk with you on this journey!
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    Don't listen to the "fads". There is no miracle fix. The best way to lose weight is to watch your food and exercise as much as you can. I hope you are able to complete your goal. :smile:
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you! Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • rainlover711
    rainlover711 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You already have a lot to be proud of!

I would suggest asking your doctor for a food plan to follow.

You should find lots of support and help on this site, I wish you all the luck,
    Sending you a friend request
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You will find a great and supportive bunch here at MFP. Just keep honestly making changes and you will achieve your goal. You have to want it more than anything.
  • Tml076
    Options
    Every one has to start some where. :o) The best advice I can offer is never to take more then two days off exercising. Even if you just go for an easy 10-30 min walk.The trick with the exercise is to break it up. if you get tired take a break and make sure to try to do more again after the break, later or the next day. I found that 3 hardboiled eggs and some whole grain bread in the am keep me pretty full from 7am to 10am then a snack at 10 like an apple or bananna. When I eat out I try for a burrito bowl with no rice black beans vegatbles and chicken. Or the longhorn chicken and stuffed portabello with a sweet potato with cinnamon only which makes me quite full but keeps around 500 calories. By doing this I discovered going out for breakfast on the weekends was killing all my work during the week. I hope this helps. Best of Luck!!!