For the Men on here(or women who have been here)...Any advic

Options
Hi guys.....or even women who have been through this. I need your advice. Last January my hubby and I lost weight together. It was great!!! In 3 months he lost about 10 lbs, I lost 25.... Since then I have continued on with my life change while my hubby reverted back to his old ways. He's put the weight back on...and then some..... He always talks about working out with me and has even started saying how fat he feels. As his wife, I love him the way he is, but if HE isnt happy that's a different story. I told him I remember feeling that way and that people used to tell me I dont need to lose weight but I know how i felt on the inside so even though I dont think you do, if you feel differently...then lets do something.

Lately he has talked about working out with me and offers to all the time. He ran with me like 3 times...but the weather is changing so now I go to my gym and I think he's feeling left out. I have gotten him a membership at my gym but doesnt take effect until January...Im just wondering...any advice or things you guys would have liked to have heard or had done for you before you started losing weight...something someone said to you that really stuck??? or helped???? or made you feel like...damn right i can do this!!!

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    There's probably nothing you can do, except to cook well, making it easy for him to eat well, and set a good example. Anything you say or do could be construed as criticism, which most people don't take very well. I know I don't.

He's got to want to do it, and when he's ready he will. When he sees the two of you side by side in the mirror and realizes that you are way too hot for him,,, well, that might be a motivator. :laugh:
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Eat together, the right things!! My hubby always talks about working out but never quite gets there, then again he has a very physical job so not needed. But I do pack his lunches and if we hit a drive thru together he gets a healthier option because he know how hard I am working, he has lost weight. I'd say about 10 lbs now!!!! (I dont think he even knows it!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

Tell him YOU need HIM, not the other way around (men and the ego u know!!) that can help a lot

Good luck
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

He's got to want to do it.

I second that. You can tell him whatever you want, but until he wants to do it, regardless of what he tells you, he's not doing it.
    You have to be in a right place mentally to be successful at this.

...Just tell him we said you were too hot for him...
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Hahahaha...omg HILARIOUS!!! hahaha......

Ok..check and check.....do NOT tell him to do it........gee...kinda like dating...let him come to me? hahaha....excellent! Thanks!!!

Well..were lucky in the food department because we ONLY had healthy food at home (except his pop blahhh) the problem is he eats LOTS of it...hahaha.....and drinks waaay too much pop...

We went for dinner last night and i ALWAY have water with dinner...he...ALWAYS has pop...for the first time ever he asked for water too, I almost fell over! So...ok..just wait patiently and when he gets his membership I'll make sure he knows how much i need him to come with me for motivation....EXCELLENT!! thanks everyone!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    If he's drinking 3 or 4 regular sugar sodas a day, that's 500 calories right there. If he just cuts those and goes to water or unsweet tea, and doesn't change anything else, he should drop a pound a week.

He'll do it when he's ready, you can just help him get ready.