Fat people doing TurboFire results please!

Options
I am 213 pounds, finished Turbo Jam and am starting TurboFire on Monday. All of the result pics I have seen are of people that are not really that fat. Has anyone here been really obese when starting TurboFire? I would love to see pics please!

Replies

• sammichPG
    Options
    Had to google for Turbo Jam, are they really serious?
    Why don't you do something non gimnicky (not to use another word) that works like good old cardio+lifting free weights?

Women don't get muscular like men with free weights, lifting helps a lot with weight loss and body remodeling.

Take this post as a completely friendly opinion that you're free to ignore since I'm not a woman... but I'm a recovering obese.
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    She just wanted to see results for a workout she happens to like. She never stated she thought lifting weights would make her bulky, she asked if anyone her size had tried it and if she could see their results.

I have not tried this particular work out, but if it's what you like and helps you get fit, more power to you! :)
  • sammichPG
    Options
    She just wanted to see results for a workout she happens to like. She never stated she thought lifting weights would make her bulky, she asked if anyone her size had tried it and if she could see their results.

I have not tried this particular work out, but if it's what you like and helps you get fit, more power to you! :)

Just wanted to throw there my opinion and experience, that workout looks like the stuff with heavy marketing behind (and just that, marketing without science behind) that plagues the fitness industry.
  • meglet175
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire and Turbo Jam. They keep me motivated and moving, while most other workout DVDs leave me bored out of my mind after a few weeks. The strength training workouts are challenging and always leave me a little sore.

Whatever WORKS for you and keeps you active is the right workout for you (regardless of someone else's criticism of that which he has not done.)

With that said, I was "merely" a size 16 to start and am only down 13 pounds so far. Maybe someday I'll post photos... In the meantime, do your Turbo Fire and have fun getting fit!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I've been taking a TurboKick class since April and I love it. It's pretty much the same as the TurboFire dvds. In April I was at a size 14, now I'm down to a size 10.
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    Why not ??? Looks like fun !! I would give it a go if it was around here !! With any workout there will low impact options ... Have fun with it :smile:
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Why don't you do something non gimnicky (not to use another word) that works like good old cardio+lifting free weights?
    Turbo Jam is based on kickboxing. How is that "gimmicky"? I'm sorry they gave it a cool name.

Pro-tip: it IS cardio. I burn about 1400 calories per hour doing Turbo Jam.

OP - sorry, but I'm still obese. I've been doing Turbo Jam since my knees can't handle Turbo Fire yet. I will say it's improved my movement quite a bit, and my joints don't hurt like they used to. Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire mostly work your core, so you might not see a lot of muscle definition, but you will be stronger overall. Turbo Jam mostly focuses on your abs.
  • purplesparklies
    purplesparklies Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will finish week 8 of Turbo Fire tomorrow. I started Turbo Fire at 206 lbs. I lost 9 lbs. in the first four weeks and it looks like I'll be at another 8-9 down when I weigh-in Monday morning. It's crazy hard for me. I very seriously considered quitting. I truly didn't think I would make it but I stuck with it and I'm hanging in there. I Zumba 5-7 times each week as well and have been doing that since Jan. I did C25K this summer but had to quit because Zumba plus Turbo Fire plus running equals sore knees and ankles for me. I love Zumba. I feel like Turbo Fire gives me the biggest results of anything I've done. I hated the running so.....dropped it.

I was down approx. 54 lbs. when I started Turbo Fire. I continue to lose consistently. I think Turbo Fire has increased the rate of loss a bit but it has made a huge impact on my body. I feel stronger and much more fit. It truly is a very well-rounded, total body program. I did not follow the Turbo Fire eating recommendations. I continue with MFP. My macros are not even close to where they should be most days but I am improving and I am within my calorie goals.

I am only 5'1" and I still have approx. 60 lbs. to lose. I plan to do atleast one more round of Turbo Fire once I have completed this first round. I follow "Allee" on the DVDs. She is the low impact girl. I don't do a lot of jumping or the burpees, etc. I can not do some of the CORE exercises and I skip the Stretch 40 (Yoga) DVD. I just kep plugging away doing the best I can do. I still have experienced major results.

Good luck! I have a love/hate relationship with Turbo Fire. I hate the way it totally kicks my butt but I love the results I get from it!
  • shinjite
    Options
    Don't know about the Turbo Fire but wanted to commend you on the TurboJam. I tried it when I was 221 and could not do it without having a massive asthma attack because I was so overweight. You give me hope to try it again some other time.
  • sammichPG
    Options
    Turbo Jam is based on kickboxing. How is that "gimmicky"? I'm sorry they gave it a cool name.

Pro-tip: it IS cardio. I burn about 1400 calories per hour doing Turbo Jam.

OP - sorry, but I'm still obese. I've been doing Turbo Jam since my knees can't handle Turbo Fire yet. I will say it's improved my movement quite a bit, and my joints don't hurt like they used to. Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire mostly work your core, so you might not see a lot of muscle definition, but you will be stronger overall. Turbo Jam mostly focuses on your abs.

Watching the clips I can see it's a form of cardio that impacts heavily on your joints (which you really want to avoid when overweight) and lacks any benefit coming from anaerobic exercise.

A stationary bike (or an elliptical machine) and some weights would develop more muscle, burn even more calories and preserve your joints better than doing weird programs.

Is it boring? It might be, but you get results faster my way.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    yada yada..... lacks any benefit coming from anaerobic exercise.

A stationary bike (or an elliptical machine) and some weights would develop more muscle, burn even more calories and preserve your joints better than doing weird programs.

This is incorrect. Look up HIIT training.

And weird program? I'm guessing you simply don't know what it is and don't want to find out. The standard answer of "weight train" is great, but she wasn't asking that. Your opinion is a fine one, but it bears no relevance to her question.

And sorry OP, I started TF when I was overweight but not obese so I can't directly help you! Agreed it is high impact on the joints, so you might want to do the low-impact version of the exercises if you do want to do the programme!
  • codycisco
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments! I am not doing any program just based on gimmicks, I am doing them because I enjoy them. Chalene motivates me more than any other program. I have tried exercising without any videos and it bores me to tears. I have found that for me to continue exercising I need someone to verbally motivate me. Turbo Jam is the only program that I have completed and I have tried several things like weight training with machines, walking, running, repetition exercises, 30 day Shred, Wii games, The Firm, even the *****cat Dolls workout! Turbo Jam may not be considered as "exercise" to some but it works for me. I am stronger, thinner, and more motivated because I used their products.

Please know that I dont knock any program, if it works for you then more power to you! Good luck to everyone with your journey!
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started Turbofire at 216 pounds in May. I did 11 weeks of the program and lost around 14-15 pounds and 30+ inches.
    Month one:
    2012-05-02125921.jpg
    End of Month two:
    2012-06-27191345-1.jpg

A week or two after finishing week 11:
    2012-07-23092146.jpg
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 35 years old, 5'5" and CW 198. I am considered overweight and I will be starting TurboFire today. I am going to start with the 5-day Inferno Plan before I start though. You can add me as a friend and we can swap war stories! Lol! Good Luck!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Watching the clips I can see it's a form of cardio that impacts heavily on your joints (which you really want to avoid when overweight) and lacks any benefit coming from anaerobic exercise.

B.S. If you'd watched more than a clip or two, you would notice Chalean has two instructors doing a "low-impact" version for those with joint issues. Your argument is invalid.

"Your way" is not right for everybody. I've lost 34 pounds, at a rate of 2-3 pounds per week. I do not need to lose weight any faster (unless I want loose skin and health problems).
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Those are amazing results!! I can see the difference!
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Way too fast for me! I live in a house with little to no privacy and felt ridiculous trying to keep up.
    Plus, and I know this is dumb, but I really like my waist, and I'm afraid of it becoming more rectangle-shaped like Chalene's.

Might try it once I have less weight to jump around with. We'll see.

ETA: I know there's someone doing a lower-impact version on the side, but I just don't feel like I'm giving it my all unless I'm doing what the main person is doing. >.<
  • codycisco
    Options
    Thank you so much ReshapeMariah! Your post has motivated me very much! I was afraid since I am so heavy that I wouldnt be able to see a change! I can definitely see a change in your body, great work!

You look great! What will you be doing next?
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I did Turbofire last summer and while I didn't notice much of a change in my weight, I definitely noticed a change in inches. I loved the program and followed the lesser impact modifications both for my joints and my downstairs neighbours lol. I am planning to start back into it tonight. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!