Needing a change

penguinluvr
penguinluvr Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I turned 34 last month and am tired all the time. I am over weight and need to get myself out of this rut. I just found this site and hope that it will be the motivation I need.

I live in the cold province of Saskatchewan and don't want to come out of winter looking like I hibernated all winter. I want to come out of winter ready for spring and summer.

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Welcome,:flowerforyou:

As cold as it has been in your province, you probably FEEL like a penquin too!!:laugh: Congrats on making a decision to improve your health. The cold weather doesn't have to stop you from getting some exercise. I am in Washington state, so we don't have the temp extremes that you do, but it did get down to 12 above, (fahrenheit) about two weeks ago, which was a record for us.

I have walked off 50 lbs. in 8 months, and to continue walking in the winter, I have been going to my nearby indoor shopping mall, and walking for an hour at a time. It isn't too costly, if you stay OUTSIDE of the store, and I avoid the food court too!!:laugh: Even if you can't walk very fast, it allows you to get moving, which is a calorie burner and will help boost your metabolism.

You can get workout videos, and you don't have to buy them. Your local library may have some available to check out, and I don't know if you have Netflix, or a service like it in Canada. You order rental videos online, and they are sent to you and returned by mail.

Good luck with your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Welcome! Some other ideas on the workout video front. I found several on sparkspeople.com. They don't have music with them, or all that, but they are good workouts. I tune my TV to a music channel (rock or some such), turn on the video and go. Stick to the numbers they give you on here, get moving, and you will do it!
This discussion has been closed.