When do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hi all!

I got in the habit of weighing myself everyday. When I see that number went up slightly, I feel like it puts a damper on my whole day. I know you should only weigh yourself once a week, but i almost crave to know the daily number.

Is there a way to train myself to the point where I don't need to see it everyday? Also, if you DO only weigh once a week, do you get really upset if it's up from the previous week?

Replies

• Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am only in my 2nd week and decided to weigh on a sunday morning - if I was braver I would go for once a month. I couldnt do it every day as I am sure weight fluctuates and 24hrs isnt enough time to see a true loss and would be so demotivated to see a rise in weight and would want to starve myself the next day ..which i am sure wouldnt be good

I would hide the scales and only get them out on your weigh day???
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I found I was becoming a slave to my scale and yes I understand getting upset if the number went up. I put away my scale and got weighed every other week at my gym, I always saw a loss steadily over 9 months. So f you can resist the urge if it bothers you, some people find it helpful to weigh every day, try to see what works for you. I now weigh only once a week on Monday's.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Thanks guys. Maybe i'll just try again not to weigh myself more than once a week.. It's just so hard. I guess the reason i do it everyday is so that i can prove that my hard work is paying off (which it isn't really.) haha!
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just try and find what works best for you - we are all different so what works for one may not work for another" good luck