Italian/Canadian looking to lose 100 pounds! mamma mia!

Options
Hi there! I'm an Italian/Canadian woman just recently joined up. I really could use your words of encouragement and wisdom as I love my pasta and cakes and cookies but realize that I'm really doing myself a lot of harm. I need to lose at least 100 pounds for the sake of my health but I'm afraid I won't have the willpower...this is my last chance for good health...help!

Replies

• LisajoeB
    Options
    Hi RitaC21!

I come from the same background and find it very difficult to change the way I eat, breads and pasta are such a big part of my diet. I want to change not only for myself, but for my family's health as well.
    One thing I have tried is to substitute rice noodles for the regular pasta noodles --I've been hearing and reading so much about how wheat grain is not good if you are trying to lose weight. The taste and the texture take some getting used to, but it's a start I guess :smile:
    I just joined mfp today, so I am at the start of my journey too.....
    Best of luck to you!
    ps. if it makes you feel better, I have absolutely no will power either! But I figure if we want something bad enough, the will power will come. Consider me behind you 150%!!!
  • mgsupp
    Options
    hey! feel free to add me. i started my weightloss journey at the beginning of the year and have lost 113 poundds so far. i loved (and still do) pastas rices and everything basically. my big thing was portion control and just getting up and moving. let me tell you you dont have to give up everything you love its just moderation, i still eat rice noodles and of course occasionally sweets. a friend of mine told me look at it not as taking foods away but what can you add. like add fresh ingredients fruit veggies eat whole wheat pasta and brown rice instead and you know it works.
  • sobit1970
    sobit1970 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im also a self professed carb addict! I love my pasta coming from an italian background as well. I have approximately 80 lbs to lose. Ive tried the no carb diets and they are imipossible to stay on long term. I am now just starting back on my weight loss journey and have decided I am still going to eat carbs just in smaller portions. I weigh and measure everything now! Feel free to add me. Good luck!