New mom

Options
I am a new mom to a wonderful baby boy. I am looking for motivation to lose my pregnancy weight. I find it tough to find time to eat right, let alone exercise. I am looking for support from other moms.

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son! I'm a mom and I've just lost my pregnancy weight from 6 years ago haha... you're welcome to add me if you'd like...
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It get's worse when they become toddlers (as my busy little boy is now).

Husbands and naps are awesome. And the jogging stroller is the best invention ever.
  • Bonnyr1971
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby. I am a mom of 3, my youngest is 17 months old. This website is great!! Add me if you would like, i log everyday. I may not eat all the proper foods but I do eat in moderation now.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby!

I am a mummy of a 3 year old boy and a 16 month old girl, so I've been there, done that on the baby weight loss TWICE!

I've lost 42lbs since my daughter was 2 months old, and would still like to lose more. I'm now thinner than when I got pregnant with my 1st.

I also work part time as a teacher.

I fit my exercise round my husband's shifts, and I also go to the gym straight from work, before picking up the kids from nursery.

Feel free to add me.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hi! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am a new and old mom lol I have 4 older kids and I had twins 7 months ago. I hear you about finding time my god there are not enough hours in the day! Feel free to add me and good luck I am still trying to lose the baby weight from the previous 4 lol
  • alukus
    Options
    Congrats new mommy! I'm not a new mom but still a mom of a very energetic three year old! Feel free to add me I would love some new friends who are juggling the life of a mom and starting their weight loss journey.
  • lbg257
    lbg257 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a new mom too and would love to have friends on here!! Feel free to add me! I find it super hard to exercise so I am trying to eat the amount of calories they allow me on here.
  • stacykrook
    stacykrook Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im a new mommy of a 5 month old girl. add me and well motivate each other.
  • MaggiesMom3406
    Options
    Hey! I am new as of today. I have a 14 month old daughter and I find myself stress eating after she goes to bed at night! Also, at work because I find myself unable to sit down and eat in peace when she is up! I am trying to get this under control so that I can be a good role model for her. Being a mom is hard! Being a healthy mom is even harder :(
  • MarisMom5312
    Options
    I have a 4 month old baby girl and I am ready to get this baby weight off!!
  • celiason81
    celiason81 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy! My little boy is about to turn 1 and my girl just turned 3. It certainly is crazy trying to juggle life with little ones, work, working out and rest, then trying to find time to make healthy meals and not resort to fast food or nuke it meals. My biggest help, planning ahead, and finding short work outs I can fit into nap routines!
  • Adampope
    Adampope Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new !!
  • hoypaz
    hoypaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, congrats on ur baby boy! Are u breastfeeding? if so, that help me sooo much, my baby girl just suck the pounds out me for the 1st 3 months, so i actually ended up with less pounds than my pre-prgnancy weight. that being said breastfeeding is not a permanent lifestyle change, so if you do have the energy to workout i would recommend doing HIIT cadio. With only 20 mins of workout you'll burn a decent amount of calories. Just go on youtube and search HITT cadio at home, and you find plenty of vids. My favorites are from fitness blender! Right now don't focus on counting calories, focus on eating healthy whole foods. Drs say it takes the female body up to 2 yrs to recover all the minerals and nutrients lost during pregnancy. Becoming a mom is a BIG change, so for now enjoy your baby and give ur body the time it needs to recover. Good luck!
  • hoypaz
    hoypaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is soooo hard, but we owe it to ourselves and are family as well to be as healthy as possible. My mom had 3 heart attacks before she turned 50 due to her obesity, it was hard on her and hard on us 3 girls. It's better to make an (huge) effort now and be able to enjoy ur kids in the long run...
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a new baby girl (8 weeks) and a 3 year old son, I had lost a ton of weight after my son's first birthday and had maintained for about 6 months before getting pregnant again... And I gained about 5 lbs while trying to get pregnant and another 45 during my 2nd pregnancy :-/ I've lost 30 since giving birth but still have quite a few left (18 to pre pregnancy & then about 5 more til I'm at my happy weight!!) I'd love to have some more mfp friends so if any of you want to add me, please do!!!
  • kellyjw84
    kellyjw84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats to being a new mom! Yes it is Very hard... I've learned over the past 2 1/2 years of having my daughter that I want her to see me workout and eat healthy as much as possible or even involve her so that hopefully she will grow up with better habits.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm a newish mom, daughter is coming up 7 months, put on 50lb during pregnancy -
    I'm almost back to my pre pregnancy weight, but it's been challenging and hard, but i'm keeping going.
    Add me if you like, and other mommies. :)
  • KansasCowgirl
    Options
    Hi! New mom here as well! I have a 6 week old little boy and a 7 year old girl. Feel free to add me as well!
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    My second little boy just turned 4 weeks and I working on losing the weight from my FIRST pregnancy! lol. Feel free to add me anyone! (: