Hi :)

Options
Hi, my name is Michelle and although I have been going to the gym regularly for a few months now, I think I am interested in kicking it into a higher gear and start running and eventually training for a 5K.

For most of my life I did virtually zero exercise and although I wasn't fat I knew I wasn't fit. I was just one of those girls that could do nothing and eat nearly anything without gaining weight. Yet I could hardly get the mail without getting winded.

Anyway, eventually I DID get fat and gained about 50 lbs. In April of this year, I made the decision to get into the gym and CHANGE MY BODY. I lost the weight and I am currently within 10 lbs of my goal weight.

I thought I would be happy with this. I thought when I was down to the number on the scale I was looking to see that I would feel satisfied but I don't.

I know in my heart I am still not "fit" and I want to be so badly!

My long term goal is to finish a 5K before they clear the streets on me lol I don't care how long it takes me (right now lol) I just want to be second to last or better LOL

My short term goal is to shorten my mile from 16min 30sec (pathetic!) to 15 minutes. It really is SO SO hard!!!

Thanks for listening,
Michelle

Replies

• kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Continue to train! Your time will improve! Don't give up! Have you tried C25k?
  • michellecrance
    michellecrance Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kelly! I am trying really hard not to give up!

I am actually using a training schedule very similar to C5K. I know the key here is understanding it's a process and not giving up when I am not running a 10 min mile a week from now.

It's so hard though, you know we all want results NOW! LOL
  • kellygirl324
    kellygirl324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kelly! I am trying really hard not to give up!

I am actually using a training schedule very similar to C5K. I know the key here is understanding it's a process and not giving up when I am not running a 10 min mile a week from now.

It's so hard though, you know we all want results NOW! LOL

:-)) You're welcome!
    I saw your other post this morning, as well. I think half the battle is knowing that results are not going to happen overnight. If that were the case, none of us would be here meeting other great people! If you decide that running isn't for you, find an exercise that you love and stick to it. No one says you have to do one particular exercise to get results. And really, it's not about how fast you can run the mile, it's what you make of the mile you are running! Whatever you do, do it well! Best of luck to you!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    GOOD LUCK MICHELLE!!! And yes, I agree with everything Kelly says!!!! Find something that works for you and that you like and stick with it. It isnt how far you get, it is how well you do it!! :)

CONGRATS on the progress so far! AWESOME accomplishment!!