I was offended today.

Options
2»

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I expressed my offense to him and he tried to cover for her saying "Well, I just look like I workout" cue dirty look "well, um, you do too..."

My husband IS pretty stacked for an "endurance athlete" though. I might be slightly jealous but I'm not complaining.

378364_3195650065131_1638270439_n.jpg

is that all from mountain biking?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    he didnt get those guns on the elliptical
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I expressed my offense to him and he tried to cover for her saying "Well, I just look like I workout" cue dirty look "well, um, you do too..."

My husband IS pretty stacked for an "endurance athlete" though. I might be slightly jealous but I'm not complaining.

Nah. You caught me. That's 20 years of lifting and 15 years of biking, with doing the biking exclusively only within the last year. Seriously hasn't touched a weight in a year.
  • cr8zyamy
    cr8zyamy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I understand. Two years ago at a certain not to be named tax preparation service, the much older gentleman doing our taxes made some very big mistakes based on assumptions. He added the alimony that we pay out, into our income and then left out a disabled vet credit. After going home and doing the taxes again with one of those computer programs because I could not believe the numbers, I called back to talk to him and ask him not to file the taxes, too late. Long story short, this guys assumptions are still costing me money, so much for that guarantee. If he had just asked, I would have told him no I do not get alimony, he pays it out and no he is not the disabled vet, I am.
    It still pisses me off. I now go to an independent CPA.
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    Holy crap, you two are both buff! O_O
    She should have just included both of you in her little goofy sales pitch (but at least she tried, a few of the sample associates at my store hardly acknowledge you).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Nah, he got those guns fighting off all the women trying to sell him protein powder. :laugh:
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    That is like the time we went to buy cell phones and I would ask the cell phone dude a question and he would answer my husband. Finally my husband was like "She is the one who knows what she is talking about, not me."
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I understand. Two years ago at a certain not to be named tax preparation service, the much older gentleman doing our taxes made some very big mistakes based on assumptions. He added the alimony that we pay out, into our income and then left out a disabled vet credit. After going home and doing the taxes again with one of those computer programs because I could not believe the numbers, I called back to talk to him and ask him not to file the taxes, too late. Long story short, this guys assumptions are still costing me money, so much for that guarantee. If he had just asked, I would have told him no I do not get alimony, he pays it out and no he is not the disabled vet, I am.
    It still pisses me off. I now go to an independent CPA.

Yeah, that's way worse than my story. Thanks for your service dear!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ew, she was definitely just hitting on your husband which is just wrong! I am sure if it was just you there with the kids she would have asked you a million questions!
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Omg you guys are too funny
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    he didnt get those guns on the elliptical

wow you guys are both in incredible shape! kudos to you! i have to say my hubby has guns like that and he doesn't do anything! he is one of those lucky ones that looks like he works out all the time and never lifts a weight or steps on a machine....