Inner thighs

Options
I am a woman and that unfortunately means my back side is an issue. How can I tighten up my inner thighs and...basically my bottom all around?

Replies

• cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My gym has a machine that works innerbthighs and the outside part of the butt....the exercise forces you to spread and then close your legs together while straight, pushing weights. Like a scissors that doesn't cross. I tried it today for the first time, I feel it, sorry don't know what it is called...
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and squats till the cows come home?
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, and lunges. That is all. No need for the machines that work one tiny muscle. Hit ALL of the muscles hard with major moves.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    As above - - - squats and lunges, lunges and squats.

I do feel sumo squats more on my inner thighs than regular squats.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm doing barbell glute bridges and it seems to be working :) Also... squats, deadlifts, lunges.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, my *kitten* is bangin' & it's from squats, lunges, deadlifts, and a calorie deficit.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Squats are good for your booty. Also lunges and side lunges and deadlifts... I think stiff legged deadlifts are good for your hamstrings and your butt. I'm going to add those into my leg workout lol. You could also do a sumo-style squat... that will hit your inner thighs more. Basically like a regular squat but have your feet farther apart with your toes pointed out more. Hope this helps...
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    story of my life

580120_10151778740145595_820007805_n.jpg
  • Rowena02148
    Rowena02148 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    squats and deadlifts!
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My gym has a machine that works innerbthighs and the outside part of the butt....the exercise forces you to spread and then close your legs together while straight, pushing weights. Like a scissors that doesn't cross. I tried it today for the first time, I feel it, sorry don't know what it is called...

Inner and Outer Thigh Abduction machines.

I've never seen any fitness professional suggest using these machines. In fact, when I worked with a personal trainer, she flat-out told me to not use them because the risk of injuring your lower back is much bigger than any of the benefits of the machine.

I agree with the squats, lunges and deadlifts. For a bit of extra benefit, mix some weights into your squats and lunges, so you work your arms at the same time! You'll burn more calories and get sexy tank-top arms.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

I've never seen any fitness professional suggest using these machines. In fact, when I worked with a personal trainer, she flat-out told me to not use them because the risk of injuring your lower back is much bigger than any of the benefits of the machine.

I agree with the squats, lunges and deadlifts. For a bit of extra benefit, mix some weights into your squats and lunges, so you work your arms at the same time! You'll burn more calories and get sexy tank-top arms.

The abductor machines are a membership perk for the men.

m-abductor_machine.jpg
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

m-abductor_machine.jpg

We were thinking it..... but you came out and said it! Kudos, my man! :wink:
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

m-abductor_machine.jpg

LOL!

In all seriousness though, squats and lunges will go a long way to shape things up.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    what's a dead lift?
  • macromouth
    Options
    I use that machine sometimes and I'm a dude. It works different muscles. I'm only able to do this because I dont give a ****.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Squats, Deadlifts, and lunges. That is all. No need for the machines that work one tiny muscle. Hit ALL of the muscles hard with major moves.

^^this
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and squats till the cows come home?
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, deadlift, sumo squats witll work ur inner thighs.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges I can do without any equipment. Are there other exercises I can do for inner thighs that don't require equipment?