Shrinking in the wrong area?

Options
I've lost about 15 pounds over the past 8 months. I wasn't very big to start with but I was headed there. Since those 15 pounds, my waist has gotten smaller and smaller...and smaller and so have my arms. My biggest problem is my back side and I was hoping that the weight would initially come off of there, since it didn't seem like I had much to loose in belly fat at all. Are my butt and legs doomed to be big forever? When will that weight start coming off in that area? I haven't even gone down a pant size yet. Help?

Replies

• MrOFM
    MrOFM Posts: 41
    Options
    That will be the last place you will lose from. You should start strength training it will help way more.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Normal - your backside is probably shrinking but not as much as everything else. That's my waist for me - soon enough the fat will have to come from there :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of very, very brisk walking and my backside has shrunk more than I knew it it in it to shrink.

Frankly, it looks great.

Part of it is genes, but inches come from muscle too. Before it got smaller, it just got kind of soft from fat loss. It was the toning that made the difference.