15 pounds in 5.5 months. Photos

Options
So far this has been a slow but rewarding journey. I have a lifetime of healthy living ahead of me and much more weight to lose, but I wanted to share some progress shots with you all.

How did I do it? I eat a teeny bit above my BMR, eat back all of my exercise calories, eat as clean as I can without getting obsessive, weight train 1-2x a week, and shoot for 30m of cardio every day though I am not perfect at hitting that goal. Most importantly I realized that this is going to be my lifestyle for the rest of my life. No obsessing over skipping one workout or pouting after downing a plate of fries in a moment of weakness.

The scale is not my friend and often it doesn't reflect the hard work I put into losing the weight. The only thing that has kept me sane since February are my progress photos I try to take every 5 pounds or so. If the weight come off slowly, so what?! I'm in no hurry, and I am taking this at my own pace. A pace I feel is healthy for my body and a pace I can keep up until I look as fabulous as I feel on the inside. :) These photographs are proof that I am getting healthier and thinner with every workout I choose to finish and every healthy meal I put into my body.

All I can say to anyone out there who is getting frustrated because you're not losing the weight as quickly as you hoped, or you look into the mirror and want to give up, please just keep going. You WILL see results. You WILL reach your goals as long as you NEVER quit. You can't fail until you quit. Keep on fighting everyone!

weightlossprogress190-175.jpg

Replies

• lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look great and have a wonderful attitude as well!! Slow and steady!
  • jess2126
    Options
    you can see the differance! thats great!!!!:smile:
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you, your doing great Allison, you pics say everything, you look fantastic! We started this journey around the same and I'm so happy to have you as one of my friends!
  • michellecrance
    michellecrance Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! It never seems as if the pics show how hard we work, I hate that I feel so much that I need the feedback from others - SIGH
  • misskristy30
    Options
    Wow! You look great! And I loved what you said about it being a lifestyle change....great attitude! :)
  • GreyGav1130
    Options
    You look wonderful:) Well done!!
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Definitely see the difference! Good job!
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Keep going, slow and steady wins the race.
  • NewBeginnings0148
    Options
    WOW!!! You look great! Thanks for sharing your progress pictures and good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey! :flowerforyou:
  • mfprichard1
    Options
    I see a real difference. You are so far ahead of most, you realize that it is a lifestyle change. Great job!!!!
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and there is a big difference in your pictures. I think maybe I should do the same thing! Thanks for the inspiration and good luck to you.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    this is nice,
  • twonkieone
    Options
    you just convinced me to go take some pix of myself!! down 10 pound since i joined but i also want to add muscles --- you look awesome!!! :smile:
  • TMertell
    TMertell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are doin great!! I'm glad to hear that you are losing even though you are eating back your exercise calories. I often eat back mine as well and then feel guilty or feel bad that I am not losing as fast as I could if I'd had stuck to the goal. Great Job and thanks for sharing!!:smile:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Slow will stick longer and helps you to learn and cement good habits!
  • tenikb02
    tenikb02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is great!!! Good job :D
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I really like your approach. I have been thinking lately that one of the biggest success killers is: I need to get this done fast.
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good for you for taking it slow! I think that is the best way to do it!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome progress! I'm 182lbs now after being at 204lbs, sadly I didn't take before shots at my heaviest, but I have now, but I look about half way between your two photos.

Your figure is SO similar to mine! How tall are you?

If that's what losing another 7lbs will look like on me I'll be pleased!

Thank you for sharing, I've had a bit of a down-in-the-dumps weekend and that was very motivating!

Edited to add I just had a nosey at your profile and it says you're 5ft 5, I'm 5ft nothing, 5ft 1 if I stand up really tall, lol.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome progress! I'm 182lbs now after being at 204lbs, sadly I didn't take before shots at my heaviest, but I have now, but I look about half way between your two photos.

Your figure is SO similar to mine! How tall are you?

If that's what losing another 7lbs will look like on me I'll be pleased!

Thank you for sharing, I've had a bit of a down-in-the-dumps weekend and that was very motivating!

I am 5'5''. I recommend taking photos, they really help you to prove to yourself that you're looking better :)
    So glad you found this motivating, you can do this! Take care.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!