Les Mills Pump is THE BEST!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! I'm actually on my second time of doing the home program. I recommend it to anyone who, like me, hates pure cardio.

I consider it cardio too

just cardio? I am curious about this. I think you commented on another thread about it and I meant to ask why you don't consider it strength training? I know that cardio is in there. I know that is part of the program but I feel like you cannot discount the weights being used. but I have been increasing weights as I go along and have gotten much heavier than when I first started. I know some in the class don't.

You can work your muscles in endurance, strength or hypertrophy.

Lifting the same weight more than 15 times put you in the endurance category. It has a limited impact on the size of the muscles….but it help burn the fat that is actually on top of muscle. Body pump has its place but for me, for the best bang for my buck, I work with 5-6 reps range. I also run for my cardio vascular heath.

That is why I put that exercise on my "cardio" column.
  • mmimmi1
    mmimmi1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    How would you log Body Pump though?
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So that everyone is clear... Les Mills Pump and Bodypump are two different things.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it! I'm actually on my second time of doing the home program. I recommend it to anyone who, like me, hates pure cardio.

I consider it cardio too

just cardio? I am curious about this. I think you commented on another thread about it and I meant to ask why you don't consider it strength training? I know that cardio is in there. I know that is part of the program but I feel like you cannot discount the weights being used. but I have been increasing weights as I go along and have gotten much heavier than when I first started. I know some in the class don't.

You can work your muscles in endurance, strength or hypertrophy.

Lifting the same weight more than 15 times put you in the endurance category. It has a limited impact on the size of the muscles….but it help burn the fat that is actually on top of muscle. Body pump has its place but for me, for the best bang for my buck, I work with 5-6 reps range. I also run for my cardio vascular heath.

That is why I put that exercise on my "cardio" column.

thank you. that makes sense to me. My goal with Les Mills Bodypump is to lay a foundation. I intend to get around to heavy lifting. I love weights. I just need to do more research and then make a plan of action. Thank you for your response.

as for logging LMBP I personally called it strength training for an hour. not sure if that is what others do though obviously.
  • Sakye
    Sakye Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So that everyone is clear... Les Mills Pump and Bodypump are two different things.

The Bodypump instructor at my gym as a Les Mills certification so it must not be soooo different from one to another... I guess lol.

Anyway, I'm doing Bodypump 2 times/week and I loooove it! I'm also doing my usual gym routine 2 times a week also and it's incredible how fast the results shows!
  • pstansel74
    Options
    No no sorry... Les Mills Pump is a product from Beachbody using the Les Mills name and a lot of the instructors, moves etc; but it is a complete program that starts low and scales up over 90 days. Les Mills Bodypump is only available to certified instructors and typically offered in gyms and doesn't particularly start slow :). Just trying to make the point that you can't directly compare say Les Mills Pump Basic to the Bodypump classes.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    No no sorry... Les Mills Pump is a product from Beachbody using the Les Mills name and a lot of the instructors, moves etc; but it is a complete program that starts low and scales up over 90 days. Les Mills Bodypump is only available to certified instructors and typically offered in gyms and doesn't particularly start slow :). Just trying to make the point that you can't directly compare say Les Mills Pump Basic to the Bodypump classes.

Do you lift less than 50 pounds morethan 25 times?

If yes then same difference
  • pstansel74
    Options
    No, sorry... they aren't. Calorie burn from a Bodypump session is significantly higher than from a Pump Basic session for instance. That's my point. Wear a HRM, and calculate your own.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm starting LMP in Oct so I'm happy to see such positive reviews for it! What were people's weight-loss like with LMP? I'm doing CLX right now but I seem to have plateaued. Hoping LMP will help me get the last 10 pounds off.
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    bump to read later.
  • beckssmith70
    Options
    Les Mills gyms are the bomb! I miss being a member of one, none in the UK or at least where I am........hell I miss NZ full stop!"
  • rheard3582
    Options
    I wanna get that so bad, but I really don't want all the equipment that comes with it ...I already have weights and things all over my house... and bands and all kinds of stuff ... I wish it they had the option to just get the videos...my gym doesn't offer it.

You can order the DVDs only from beachbody for $90 plus $15 shipping. Here is the link

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-pump-workout.do?code=BDL_LMP_ORDERPUMPNOW
  • coffeerunner
    coffeerunner Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm wrapping up week 4 and I LOVE it! I've lost an inch off my chest, waist, hips, and thighs so far. 4 inches in 4 weeks -- I will take it! I do this and run and walk.
  • NiagaraCheryl
    NiagaraCheryl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did Pump for about 2 years at my gym and loved it! I slowly increased the weights and felt really good about how far I had come. Unfortunately I hurt my shoulder and then holding the barbell across my shoulders/back made it hurt really bad. So after 8 visits to the physiotherapist, I realized I had to give it up. It's too bad since I really, really loved that class.
  • aaronsmith3
    Options
    Hey there,

How are you adding them into you MyFitnessPal exercise area? Since it's not in the database. Just curious.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Even though its an at home workout I still feel like a BOSS when I do it. Love it!!!
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

How are you adding them into you MyFitnessPal exercise area? Since it's not in the database. Just curious.

I use my HRM
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!