I calculated all this stuff but still don't get it!

Options
Okay so I always see all over these websites about things I need to calculate to help weight loss. I know MFP shows you how much you should be eating based on the information they give you but I am not sure if that is how much I should be having. I am set to loose 1lb per week at 1440 Calories Moderate exersize.

I am 5'3 159 Pounds

TDEE= 2355
BMI= 28.16
BMR=1519
RMR-1503
Body Fat %=27
Lean Body Mass in Pounds 116
Body Fat In Pounds:43

Can someone help me understand what this all means and if 1440 Calories is enough for me. I am currently doing Insanity as my work out. I just want to make sure I am on the right track to get fit, loose some weight, and stay healthy. Any advice is welcome! Thank you!

Replies

• EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I feel that MFP can often underestimate a person's calorie goal. I'm maintaining, and my MFP goal is 1800 (around 2100 with exercise). However, for the past month I've been averaging about 3000 calories a day and I'm losing weight.

Since your BMR is the amount of calories you need to keep your body alive and functioning properly, I'd recommend eating at least that. So long as you're eating less than your TDEE, you should lose weight, though how fast will depend on how big your deficit is.
  • Missyelliotfan33
    Missyelliotfan33 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    By deficit do you mean under my BMR or my TDEE?
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Under TDEE. The best and most reasonable advice I have seen is to eat somewhere between your BMR and TDEE.