low-cal "ice cream sandwiches"

Options
EKarma
EKarma Posts: 594 Member
My sis said she saw someone make this on tv and she tried it.. It was really good! and low cals! The recipe....

Take a graham cracker and snap it in half put 2 tbsp lite cool whip in center and place other graham cracker on top (you can also put about a tsp of choc syrup on top of cool whip for a chocolate flavor) Place the sandwich(s) in the freezer and let freeze.

We tried them and they are very delicious and satisfying! If you buy low fat graham crackers and lite cool whip these tastey treats are about 75 cals , so enjoy one or two!

enjoy!:drinker:

Replies

• daniela_vittoria
    Options
    Wow, Thanks!! I will try this weekend! Sounds Yummy!!!:smile:
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My grandmothr used to make those YEARS ago. They are good.
    Just put them together, wrap in saran wrap and put in the freezer.

Susan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    YUM. :bigsmile: ... it would be good with the cinnamon sugar graham crackers...

~Leash :heart:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a diabetic ice cream sandwich. I've been eating them for years (yes, I'm diabetic).

If you want a real treat, spread some peanut butter on the grahams, and then do the whip cream (you can even sprinkle with some dark chocolate cocoa powder!). Enjoy immediately :)
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for future use, that is the most simplest treat to make. I don't know how to cook at all, I'd probably be their forever & burn several hundred calolories just trying to assemble if not out right panic. lol
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Ok I made these this morning and I added about 6 of the seasonal dark chocolate mint mix chocolate chips and OMG it was like having mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich, SO GOOD! :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • bortass
    bortass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Now I want to eat some graham cracker cake! All you do is layer graham crackers and coolwhip. all the crackers should be covered with cool whip. You then put in the fridge overnight. It becomes soft and tastes sooo goood. Drools......
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite dessert. I made about 4 or 5 of them and put them in the freezer and its a perfect amount for a nice little sugar fix at night. Thanks!!!! :heart:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I saw this on allrecipies.com

Take any cookie and spead a mixture of cool whip and sugar free pudding on each cookie and line it up like a log. Then cover completely with the cool whip/pudding mixture. Let sit for a few hours and it's like a cake. Yum. Great for the holidays.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm gonna try that mint thing you did Leash... It sounds awesome!