Why do my nutrient goals on MFP change every day?

Options
Just curious, and maybe a dumb question, but why do my goals for things like sugar and carbs change daily on MFP? Even on days when my weight remains the same?

Replies

• LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if you log exercise, it ups your carbs. Not sure about everything else. (Except cals obviously, it goes up too)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    When you exercise, your body requires more energy. Calories are energy which come from carbs, protein, and fat.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    It is based on a percentage of you calorie goal - as you log exercise calories then your goal calories are increased to keep your net calories correct. Since you need to eat more to replace the exercise burn your numbers for all your macro targets change as well.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    When you log exercise, MFP adds the calories burned though exercise onto your daily calorie goals.

MFP has set up your macronutrient goals (Protein, Fat and Carbohydrates) as fixed percentages of your daily calorie goals. These percentages will remain consistent even when the total number of calories consumed changes, but the number of grams for each nutrient will change along with the calories.