Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    what you say is very true, good post
  • matthew67899
    matthew67899 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll take it a step further than that: I had friends who were posting Cardio Trainer and Endomondo workouts so much, that I went out and dropped $400 on a mountain bike and started tracking my own workouts. Then, once I saw a couple people post about MFP on Facebook I downloaded the app on my phone and started using this website too.

However, while we're giving credit to Facebook we should also give credit to smartphones in my opinion. ;-)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    love it!! And you are absolutely right!!!
  • Nationalluv
    Nationalluv Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. After my college graduation I was tagged in so many unflattering photos I untagged them all. That should of been a happy time but the way I looked it was horrible. Now days people want to take pics just to post them on facebook. I have a few pics at my of my higher weights but I can't wait to start posting pics I can be proud of. BTW keep up the good work.
  • FITFORT
    Options
    OMgoodness, this is true!! A similar experience for me...Last November, I was tagged in a pic on FB and I literally felt nauseated when I saw it.

It was about another month before I found MFP...and a couple more weeks when I started counting calories. January 9th was the beginning of my journey. But to this day...I still think about THAT pic! Thank you, FACEBOOK! HeHe!

Congratulations....you are doing great!!!!
    :)
  • Sherri425
    Options
    It sucks me that I have a really good close friend that Im NOT friends w on fb and we have mutual friends plus he's friends w my brother that I disowned. Hes always posting pics of me. I hate it!! We're not friends on there so why even post pics of me!! UGH!
    I guess the best benefit is he CAN"T tag me!! lol
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same experience, this is the photo that tipped it for me

393995_331757746855091_1398454501_n.jpg
    on the left

This is me 8 months later

224198_504271921265_1764846940_n.jpg
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You speak the truth!!!!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same experience, this is the photo that tipped it for me

393995_331757746855091_1398454501_n.jpg
    on the left

This is me 8 months later

224198_504271921265_1764846940_n.jpg

Very nice work -congrats!

And Puggie - you know me. :-)
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    I am here because my husband took a picture of me then posted and tagged on FB. I was mortified and pissed lol. Then I realized... hey I can't be mad that he took the pic BUT I can be mad (at myself) for actually looking like that!
    That picture was taken on June 17th and I was signed up on here June 20th. I am now down 38 pounds and still going in the right direction.
    Thank you FB :)

Very awesome - congrats! Keep up the great work! :bigsmile:
  • LeanerBeef
    Options
    However, while we're giving credit to Facebook we should also give credit to smartphones in my opinion. ;-)

Can't argue that, lol. Yay, smartphones & the great fitness apps that come with them!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Wow well donee I hope to have a pic like urs haha x