Not Looking For A Quick Fix, Looking For Better Results

Options
Within the last month and a half I have lost 7lbs. I am headed in the right direction but wondering if there are any tips/tricks to help with better results. My food diary is not accurate, I am still learning how to add everything and sometimes I do forget to add everything in, for the most part though its close. I try to exercise 3-4 days a week which include both cardio and strength training. I drink plenty of water and currently having meal replacement protein shakes twice a day. I have a hard time digesting solid foods and after my weight gain due to a number of medications the shakes have given me the energy, and health kick that I needed. Now I am looking to take it a step further if possible. I know its not possible to loose everything i gained overnight but as i have mentioned i am looking for better results. Thank you for the feedback :)

Replies

• Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Lift. Lift heavy. I promise.
  • victoriadw84
    victoriadw84 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Awesome I love lifting and I have increased slowly. I am going to step it up and really push myself then. If I ever get a chance to look like your profile pic I will lift as much as I ever possibly could lol! Thank you so much!
    Sorry to ask any particular exercises you recommend?
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options

YES!!

if you need a program to follow, use jamie easons!! its AWESOME and free!!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    What I've done that has made a big difference was I don't eat after 8pm (if I do it's something small such as fruit or yogurt). It's helped with my digestion, so I'm not so stuffed at night. Also, doing more cardio than strength training has dropped my weight pretty quickly. Still do weight training because it tones the body up nicely, but I do more cardiovascular exercises. Hope this is helpful towards you. You sound like you're doing great already. Keep it Up!!!
  • victoriadw84
    Options

YES!!

if you need a program to follow, use jamie easons!! its AWESOME and free!!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

I checked it out and it looks great!! I cant wait to get started tomorrow!! Thank you so much!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I think 7lbs in a month and a half is fantastic results. When you say "better results", what do you mean exactly? Losing weight more quickly? Losing inches? Seeing more muscle definition?
    I agree wholeheartedly with lifting. When I started lifting, I saw a 6lb weight loss in *five months*. But I went down a jeans size, from 8 to 6. And then when I looked at progress pictures taken in a thong...yeah, those were the results I was looking for.

Just wanted to add--I haven't thrown out my scale. But I've lost my fascination with it, and I step on it MUCH less than I used to.
  • victoriadw84
    Options
    What I've done that has made a big difference was I don't eat after 8pm (if I do it's something small such as fruit or yogurt). It's helped with my digestion, so I'm not so stuffed at night. Also, doing more cardio than strength training has dropped my weight pretty quickly. Still do weight training because it tones the body up nicely, but I do more cardiovascular exercises. Hope this is helpful towards you. You sound like you're doing great already. Keep it Up!!!

Thanks for the tips!! I am starting the C25K program and I am super excited!! Cant wait to be back running how I use to :)
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I do clean and presses, squats, tricep pushdowns, lunges all with barbell weights. And as heavy as i can, 10 reps 3 times each. If I feel like I can do more than 10, its not heavy enough. The nice thing about muscle is...it burns calories while at rest too.
    Realize you wont lose weight right away, but fat is what you should go by. I stayed the same weight, maybe a little more for a month, but dropped sizes from a 6 to a 3. Then the last of the fat weight "fell off".

Photoon2012-07-30at1951.jpg
    Photoon2012-07-30at19514.jpg

This is only 14 lbs difference (total loss, and this was 2 months ago....I have no more hip bones from being skinny, I have these crzy muscles over them)
    Point being....15 lbs shouldnt look THIS drastic. But its 15 lbs bc I gained muscle mass, not just lost fat. :P

PS. This process took me about 5 months.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Try to eat more whole foods.
    Look into a mostly plant based diet...
    The more proccessed foods you eat the harder the weight is to take off.

(Ignore below comment)
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    *try to eat more...
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy while eating at a 500 cal deficit has given me the best results. My scale hasn't changed much since doing that, however my clothing sizes dropped dramatically.

Squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press, dips, rows, chins.
  • victoriadw84
    Options
    Yes my goal is to get the fat off with muscle definition. I love all the feedback thank you so much and as its a new day I will try out what has been suggested to me. I know I am impatient. I havent struggled with a high weight before, it felt like it did come on overnight from all the medication but now that I have finally gotten off all medication but one my progress at the gym is much better than it used to be. Thank you all again!!